Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase website theory...possible?

tag
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase website theory...possible?

They are offering me Freedom and Southwest card in incognito and on the regular browser it's telling me to follow their tweets and how Chase is doing good in the community. 

I'm offended..lol

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 21 of 35
askme3012
New Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Interesting...the SECOND I see a CSP ad, I'm apping... Smiley Very Happy

*shamefully goes and hides* lol

Thanks for the interesting thoughts on their targeted ads!

Opened a checking account with Chase last month, since last month, no ads on the login page.. all generalized ads, chequebooks, some campaign and what not...

Yesterday, my salary got deposited in the account and bam... i have started seeing Southwest, Freedom, CSP, Slate offers at the login page.. Smiley Tongue

I checked the prequalification site and it showed me pre-qualified for Slate and Freedom. I have no plans of getting any CC right away but nice to know that I am on good side of Chase. Smiley Happy

I am wondering, can the theory be true? Smiley Surprised

US Bank Cash+ $18.9K || Discover IT $29.3K || Barclays Arrival $6K || AMEX BCE $50K || Chase Freedom $7K || First Tech CU $12K ||First Tech CU $25K || CSP $25K || BofA Cash Rewards $12K || Citi TYP $12K || IHG Rewards $15K
Starting Score: All CRAs : Started from scratch
Current Score: TU 821 , EQ 816 (Credit Karma) EX FICO 798
Goal Score: All CRAs : 800+

Message 22 of 35
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Mine says to follow on Twitter, YouTube and watch a Community Banking video LOL

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 23 of 35
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

looked at this this morning when i was online prior to going to work. was getting Freedom and SW even in incognito. i try it using my pc here at work and i get the CSP banner Smiley LOL

Message 24 of 35
askme3012
New Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

looked at this this morning when i was online prior to going to work. was getting Freedom and SW even in incognito. i try it using my pc here at work and i get the CSP banner Smiley LOL

You might be very very SPECIAL case if you are getting CSP banner in incognito mode. From the data we have here and from my personal experience for those who do not bank with Chase, they just give random ads on their site and not CC banners.

US Bank Cash+ $18.9K || Discover IT $29.3K || Barclays Arrival $6K || AMEX BCE $50K || Chase Freedom $7K || First Tech CU $12K ||First Tech CU $25K || CSP $25K || BofA Cash Rewards $12K || Citi TYP $12K || IHG Rewards $15K
Starting Score: All CRAs : Started from scratch
Current Score: TU 821 , EQ 816 (Credit Karma) EX FICO 798
Goal Score: All CRAs : 800+

Message 25 of 35
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@askme3012 wrote:

@TravellingNomad wrote:

You might be very very SPECIAL case if you are getting CSP banner in incognito mode. From the data we have here and from my personal experience for those who do not bank with Chase, they just give random ads on their site and not CC banners.

i apologize, what i meant was the ADS the OP mentioned prior to logging in.

i tried it again just now to make sure that i was not mistaken, but the ads i get here at my work pc is for their checking account and the rest regarding CSP. i refreshed several times and cleared my pc's cache and 2 out of the 3 ads are still regarding CSP.

Message 26 of 35
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@TravellingNomad wrote:

@askme3012 wrote:

@TravellingNomad wrote:

i apologize, what i meant was the ADS the OP mentioned prior to logging in.

i tried it again just now to make sure that i was not mistaken, but the ads i get here at my work pc is for their checking account and the rest regarding CSP. i refreshed several times and cleared my pc's cache and 2 out of the 3 ads are still regarding CSP.

My experience was a little bit different. If I clear cache and history I get the occasional CSP ad. However, once I log in, log out, and reopen the browser I (I haven't checked since recent score increase) NEVER get CSP ads. My theory is that once you log in and they know who's computer it is, they only send you ads that you are more likely to respond to and give them business with, as well as be approved for. I am assuming that they store which ads to send you in a cookie on your computer. In the case of credit cards, that would mean not targeting you with CSP ads if your balance has been overdrawn five times recently and their internal scoring / risk system classifies you as bad news.

Message 27 of 35
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Checked some things today that add to my theory. I checked my EX CR, and noticed that Chase did a SP on 2-13-2014. After logging in and out of my account since then, I have been getting Chase ads on their home page for the Marriott Premier, which I NEVER used to get. When they did the SP on 2-13, my CR was in much better shape than it was when they did their last SP, which would explain why I am now getting a targeted ad for a better credit card that I never used to get when my score was lower.

Message 28 of 35
Longroad
Established Contributor

@msf12555 wrote:

Checked some things today that add to my theory. I checked my EX CR, and noticed that Chase did a SP on 2-13-2014. After logging in and out of my account since then, I have been getting Chase ads on their home page for the Marriott Premier, which I NEVER used to get. When they did the SP on 2-13, my CR was in much better shape than it was when they did their last SP, which would explain why I am now getting a targeted ad for a better credit card that I never used to get when my score was lower.

Sorry to get a little off subject, but where do you seen SP on EX or TU? I can only find mine for EQ.

Message 29 of 35
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Longroad wrote:

@msf12555 wrote:

Sorry to get a little off subject, but where do you seen SP on EX or TU? I can only find mine for EQ.

You have to pull a full CR from Experian. Mine was listed under something like 'Inquiries that can only been seen by you' or something like that.

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.