Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase website theory...possible?

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase website theory...possible?

i noticed i get ads for my investments, then to follow them on twiiter and earch extra cash on the freedom card i have. I cleared cookies and went back and now get ads for the southwest, freedom and CSP cards....LOL

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 31 of 35
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

i noticed i get ads for my investments, then to follow them on twiiter and earch extra cash on the freedom card i have. I cleared cookies and went back and now get ads for the southwest, freedom and CSP cards....LOL

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Assuming that your siggy is accurate, you already have a ton of Chase cards so they won't give you targeted ads to apply for those cards, although they might advertise benefits, like letting you know you have enough UR points to get a statement credit or something. However, when you clear your cookies and history, they don't know what you have until you login so you get blasted for everything.

Message 32 of 35
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@msf12555 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Assuming that your siggy is accurate, you already have a ton of Chase cards so they won't give you targeted ads to apply for those cards, although they might advertise benefits, like letting you know you have enough UR points to get a statement credit or something. However, when you clear your cookies and history, they don't know what you have until you login so you get blasted for everything.

exactly, once i logged in, logged out and back in again, then it was whole diffrent type of ads. Im not too far from the requirement for chase private client status so i keep getting ads regarding my investments....lol

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 33 of 35
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

@msf12555 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

exactly, once i logged in, logged out and back in again, then it was whole diffrent type of ads. Im not too far from the requirement for chase private client status so i keep getting ads regarding my investments....lol

Yeah, there you go. I figured the useful information for people of the CC forum would be that Chase sends you ads for credit cards that you have a high chance of getting approved for. There are tons of things that would take a lot of user input to figure out, but I think that the reasoning and logic is right on. If you have a score of 650, have an account with Chase, and have logged in and out to allow them to update your cookies, you may get ads for a Slate or a Freedom, but that's about it. Now, maybe you pay your UTIL down from 90% across the board to zero on all cards except one, which is 1-9%. Your score goes up to 720. Now you might (in time) start getting ads for SW Premier, Marriott, and CSP (or something like that). I guess the point is that for existing customers, your ads are going to be for products that Chase thinks they can approve you for.

Message 34 of 35
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

I just want to add my two cents, I once tried the mortgage pre qualification link when I was logged in with Chase, now the three ads for me are: First Mortgate, second reedem for 50 dollars, more way to earn points with freedom.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.