Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chopping block for 2013

tag
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chopping block for 2013

I have entirely too many cards. I too have to use a spreadsheet to keep track of them and it gets confusing still. Plus I hate having to "find" something to charge on them just to keep them active and then have to remember to add that amount to my spreadsheet to pay.

1.  Amazon - Actually axed this one the day before yesterday as they shot down my request for a CLI for the second time. Got tired and said forget it.
  2.  AE - $300 credit limit. I spend on it and pay on time but haven't seen any movement CL wise in awhile.
  3.  Abercrombie and Fitch - Shame on me for opening it anyway.
  4.  Dillards - Only opened this one in hopes for the Amex version. They shipped something expensive and didn't require a signature so it got stolen. I'll never shop with them again. Plus, I don't have one in MD to go to in person.
  5. Zales
  6. Shop NBC - They did the same thing as Dillard's. Don't feel comfortable shopping with them anymore. Don't see a need for the card.
  7. Barclays - If I can't get them to at least $2k - $2.5k they have to go too.

I'll be working to grow anything that remains to higher limits. Right now NFCU is my highest at $7k.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 40
Mellon
Established Contributor

Same here

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

Orchard goes if the CapOne change doesn't benefit me.

Message 32 of 40
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

If anything, Dell.  They're at 29.99% APR (though they do have some 0% up to 12 months financing).  I don't really have the use for a Dell and my spending power has improved to the point where I can just toss it on a Visa and PIF.  That said, there's no AF on it.    

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 33 of 40
swpopham
Established Contributor

Keep it coming everybody!

@Mods can we make this a poll where people can choose multipul times or vote more then once??

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

My AMEX ZYNC (NPSL) if my BCE is approved by the end of January.

Membership Rewards Express is nearly worthless compared to my Chase Amazon/Freedom nor does it offer 0% forex fees like my Capital One so I have no reason to keep it other than keeping a good history with AMEX. So once I get my BCE, the Zync will have fulfilled its purpose and I will be cashing my MRE on Amazon (and the other giftcards are pretty worthelss too heh).

I might close out my Wells Fargo Secured card, but we'll have to see the limit that Wells Fargo gives me when it unsecures this April. It's currently at $500, which is pretty sad.

Message 35 of 40
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I got rid of my crap cards last year but may look at cancelling Home Depot and USAA Platinum Mastercard (low limit).  Freedom is still my lowest limit at $3k but with the 5% categories its worth keeping.  I'm keeping DCU open strictly for utilization. 

Message 36 of 40
YahComb
Established Contributor

i'm probably chopping the paypal extras around August and the Zync in April when the AF is about to come up. that'll bring me down to 5 real cards+1 store card that i feel have something decent to offer. Don't really want to try to manage 10+ cards.  I will probably come back to AMEX in 2014.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 37 of 40
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

i just axed Macys Old Navy and Victorias Secret

Going to axe Wells Fargo...this card has been secured for 2 years

Nationwide....no increase in 5 years

Bank of America.....No increase in 4 years plus terrible annual fee they refuse to remove 

Message 38 of 40
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I may get rid of my Amex PRG.  The annual fee is pretty high for this card.  I do get some benefits, but I don't know if I get enough.  I wanted to get rid of my Kroger 123 rewards, which is a terrible card, but I decided to use that as a balance transfer card.  I'm going to keep it open because it is one of my oldest accounts.  If the account was newer, it would be gone.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 39 of 40
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Update from my original post, axed Orchard (opened 2/12, @ $300 no CLI, no nothing!). Too long to wait for "possible" Cap One PC? Nah, not worth the AF. They were only willing to reduce the AF 59.00->29.00. *poof* gone!

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.