Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Balance Transfer Offer Spam

tag
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Citi Balance Transfer Offer Spam

Citi has sent me a letter about their balance transfer promotion every day for the past month. No exaggeration. Every day I check my mail, there is a Citi envelope waiting for me. Are these guys insane? I'm already annoyed with them for cutting ALL of the normal benefits/protections (like extended warranty, for example). In what universe do they think it's acceptable to spam me like that? Crazy thing -- I have no balances to transfer.

Has anyone else experienced this type of ridiculousness from Citi or am I just a system malfunction?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Balance Transfer Offers

Me but it’s slowed down a little bit. I’ve received letters for their BT card, simplicity, diamond.  Pre selected to apply on 2 of their cards via website.. solid APR so I have zero doubt I’d get approved but I’m gardening until the fall. 

So yeah they’re excessive 

Message 2 of 18
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Same. I have no balances to transfer either, and my limit is 1k anyway so not quite sure what they expect me to be able to transfer lol.

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Balance transfers are huge part of their business. 

While you may have no interest in it, many others do, so it makes sense for them to mail these offers in bulk to those who did not opt out after the approval. 

This is Citi's Privacy notice. It tells you towards the end which steps to take in order to opt out from certain advertising offers

https://online.citi.com/JRS/portal/template.do?ID=Privacy

Message 4 of 18
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Balance transfers are huge part of their business. 

While you may have no interest in it, many others do, so it makes sense for them to mail these offers in bulk to those who did not opt out after the approval. 

This is Citi's Privacy notice. It tells you towards the end which steps to take in order to opt out from certain advertising offers

https://online.citi.com/JRS/portal/template.do?ID=Privacy

My concern, as I clearly stated, is with them sending me a letter every single day for the past month. Thanks for the link. It's too bad it has to be all or nothing with them. 

Message 5 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I ve taken 2 bt offers recently from Sears MC and now the onslaught of offers is on like donkey kongSmiley Wink

Good thing about Citi bts is you can deposit them in your checkingSmiley Happy

Go ahead @kerplunk  deposit 1 bt check from every envelopeSmiley Happy Have funSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

If they weren't 3% fee I'd take advantage of one of them but sadly, no.  

        
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems the no fee BT is a rare bird these days. 

I agree that Citi is relentless with offers, both email and regular mail. But it's better to be on the list than not, as it may be wanted/needed one day. I'm hoping that since I PC'd my AAdvantage to the DC I'll get a few offers on that one now, and might slip in a no fee option to start things off!

Message 8 of 18
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Balance Transfer Offer Spam

Me and the wife have the same situation as you. Every day there's something in the mail from Citi for me or the wife. At least they're sending you something as opposed to nothing lol. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 9 of 18
UpInSmoke
Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

If they weren't 3% fee I'd take advantage of one of them but sadly, no.  

I've been getting bombarded recently on all my Citi cards too but the only attractive one is Diamond Preferred. It has a $0 BT fee and 1.99% until 5/1/2021 (expires 4/7/20). I was waiting until today to do the SP CLI as today is 6 months since my last CLI. I did the SP and got $2K increase up to $21.9K. I was even willing to take a HP and asked for $40K. I'm awaiting still awaiting decision. I don't have any balances to transfer but for 2%, give me all you will. I can invest at a much higher rate as it gives me extra liquidity to finish a couple of projects at a more favorable cost of capital. I'm going to make out on this deal...!! The fact that I can write checks is what makes this workable. Thumbs up Citi!!!

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.