Did you mean: 

Citi Costco

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Costco

@MyFault wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

A PC should certainly be an option.  wasCB14 mentioned doing so up thread. I believe the restrictions often come with PCing a Costco Card to another card.  Otherwise, Citi is one of the most flexible issuers when it comes to PCs.

Even if you don't use the SUB for travel, you could cash out the $600 and more than offset that $95 AF.

These are good points. I just may look at the premier as an option. If i do that i'll wait a few more months until i've hit my Platinum SUB.

Are there any xfer partners with ThankYou points? Or do you have to use their travel portal. I've never had a Citi card before. 

United, Delta, Marriott or worst case, Hilton, would be where i'd want to use them.

Citi has a lot of partners, but mostly non-US airlines.  There are Star Alliance partners for United.  For Delta, they transfer to both Virgin Atlantic (awesome for direct flights on Delta especially Delta One) and Flying Blue (Air France/KLM).  URs, MRs, and Marriott also transfer to both Virgin and Flying Blue so they can be great for pooling with other reward programs.

Message 11 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

https://www.thankyou.com/partnerProgramsListing.htm?src=TYUSENG

TY Partners.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14 wrote:

https://www.thankyou.com/partnerProgramsListing.htm?src=TYUSENG

TY Partners.

I always forget about Aeromexico being a partner, too.  Another pooling option except for URs.

Message 13 of 22
MyFault
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Citi has a lot of partners, but mostly non-US airlines.  There are Star Alliance partners for United.  For Delta, they transfer to both Virgin Atlantic (awesome for direct flights on Delta especially Delta One) and Flying Blue (Air France/KLM).  URs, MRs, and Marriott also transfer to both Virgin and Flying Blue so they can be great for pooling with other reward programs.

So, i have a question about "Star Alliance Partners". Since MR points can't be xfered to United also. I created an account with Air Canada, who's a Star Partner for United.

So, If i want to book a flight with United with points i xfer from Amex to Air Canada, i simply call United and tell them to use my Air Canada points? Is that how that "partnership" works?

I would honestly love to fly Delta more, but i'm in Houston and we're a United Hub. So, there are way more direct flights with United.

|  
Message 14 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

No, everything would go into your Air Canada account and you would use the Air Canada website or call Air Canada to book.  United would not have access to your Air Canada frequent flyer account.  I'm not overly familiar with Star Alliance, so I can't say if that is the best way to book United flights or not.  SkyTeam I know pretty well.

Message 15 of 22
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

I have the same issue. I have MR points but live by a United hub, so I've been looking into it. Found this helpful article on how to do it:

https://www.comparecards.com/blog/amex-points-united-flights/

Message 16 of 22
MrPepperoni
Regular Contributor

Does it make any difference if you apply in branch? I have Citibank across the street and I am targeting this card this month as well.

Moved to the US in August 2018.
Applied for Citi Costco in November 2018 - Denied due to lack of history (no history).
Started building credit in January 2019. Please hover over each card:

Also have Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold (6 months old, $11k limit)
Bilt Credit Card (6 months old, $2k limit)
Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (1 month old, $16k limit)
Two paid off auto loans ($20.5K and $15.7K)

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrPepperoni wrote:

Does it make any difference if you apply in branch? I have Citibank across the street and I am targeting this card this month as well.

Online, In branch, At a Costco.....makes no difference. They do not have different underwriting based on where you apply. 

Message 18 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

The only difference in applying online and in store is you give a person in store the chance to steal your info while online is much safer ( lol) .

Jk....

Or am i? To this day i still feel my Sams card fraud came from applying in storeSmiley Wink

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks!

this will come in handy for me since i'm also in a united hub city.

@KLEXH25 wrote:

I have the same issue. I have MR points but live by a United hub, so I've been looking into it. Found this helpful article on how to do it:

https://www.comparecards.com/blog/amex-points-united-flights/

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.