Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred customer service

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred customer service

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Have to say, not happy with the cs with Citi on this card. Received my card bent, called in requested a new card to be sent. Ok supposedly done. About a week later was thinking of maybe using it and still no call so I called in to inquire about that and possible cli.

Again another lady who seems English was a second language answered. No mention of previous call . I told them I already called to resend me my card and she says only record they have is me receiving original card. So once again request a new one.

Gotta be a week or more and I still have no new card. For a comparison. Last week or so, I ordered a new design on my Discover card and within a week I already received it. First I had to waste 3 hps in total trying to get a cli (2 from original app 1 for cli request) from Citi which they deny and now they seem to be backwards when they say they will do something and it doesnt happen. I'll be calling a 3rd time but it may be my last. Not too pleased with their service on this card. Just a vent for a Sunny SaturdaySmiley Wink

Welcome to Citi's customer service and banking services. This is what you'll deal with: 

- 98% of the customer service reps are outsourced clowns who don't know anything. Gotta question about your product? Forget it, they don't know. They only work for the company after all. It's just too much for them to stop, think, and perhaps research the answer before reaching a conclusion. Instead they'll invent an answer just to get you off the phone, most likely out of embarrassment. Want to use chat to do a product change or ask a question about the product? Forget it, you'll have to call in, which results in the former point to this paragraph. 

- All of their cards are flimsy because Citi wants to invest as little as possible into their card members. Citi thought they could "make up" for the huge nerfing of their $450 Prestige card a year ago... Except the Prestige feels like plastic and weighs the least of any metal card out there (even a no AF Amazon Prime). When I had the TY Premier, I believe that was the flimsiest card I've ever had... Slightly more thick than tin foil. 

- Quality website? Nope. There's constant random glitches, plus the interface is ugly and confusing. The only good part about their web interface is that payments reflect on the account immediately (which is the only reason I keep a Citi card besides trip cancellation insurance). 

- Think you're going to get your card fast? Nope... They're the slowest to get you your card... It'll take the full 10 days because they horse around before sending out your card six days after approval instead of showing common courtesy and getting it out faster. Need it in a rush because you're going out of town? Nope, sorry, you're out of luck, they won't send it via UPS/FedEx two-day service or overnight service. 

The tip of the iceberg is the moron CEO who needs to get his teeth off of his tongue when he talks... It's no wonder Citi has become a disaster and the laughing stock of large banks in this country. I think it's painfully obvious Citi doesn't care about their customers at all... At least the other banks put on a better front. 

I love this thread and thank you for starting it... Now I can vent my frustrations with this laughing stock of a company as well. 

Message 21 of 39
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol Dew, vent awaySmiley Happy. I dont have the Costco card myself but have seen it. I gotta say it is rather bland looking. I honestly dont know who creates cards like this. This is why I truely enjoy my Magnet card from Amex. Yeah I know it's not 2% yada yada but dang someone did their work on appealing card.
Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol Dew, vent awaySmiley Happy. I dont have the Costco card myself but have seen it. I gotta say it is rather bland looking. I honestly dont know who creates cards like this. This is why I truely enjoy my Magnet card from Amex. Yeah I know it's not 2% yada yada but dang someone did their work on appealing card.

I'm not thrilled with AMEX either... But at least they can get the card out quick, not make them out of flismy materials, and most of them time their chat and phone reps know what they're talking about (although occasionally I'll get one that doesn't). Most of my frustration with AMEX has to do with how low they've fallen compared to where they used to be... But their upper managmement also needs to be wiped clean. 

It's a shame the Costco card looks bad... I've attempted to PC to it, but eventually cancelled because Citi pulled their usual tactics and though it was cool to take 6+ weeks to initiate the change. Nothing should take that long, I don't care how big of a company you are. 

My plans change often - but I'm really making an effort to utilize cards that have only American based reps... So Discover, Navy, Empower FCU, and USAA. I'm hoping to get in with Chase again, but I have to be patient first. 

Message 23 of 39
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just an update, just now received text that they are shipping out my new cardSmiley Wink.
Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update, just now received text that they are shipping out my new cardSmiley Wink.

Yeah. I'm not sure why it takes them 6 days to send out a card. Someone should have a card in their hands after 6-7 days... Not having it just being received by USPS from Citi's card printing warehouse. 

It doesn't take six days to print a card and send it out... It takes a day or two. 

Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank lost my business awhile back.  They were one of the bad issuers I had to deal with.  On the doublecash and specialty cards like American Airlines cards, they offer really good deals but you likely still have to put up with poor customer service unfortunately unless they have dedicated customer service lines for some products and/or customers.

With so many quality issuers, why settle for Citibank.  JD Power rates the credit card issuers which is available online and have been surprisingly accurate except for Discover.  Discover was absolutely horrible to deal with as well.  I couldn’t wait for them to close my accounts for non usage which they finally did.  It wasn’t on things like card replacement.  It was about things like credit lines, and switching a card I had to the wrong account and my bonus rewards while not much, which I was accumulating disappeared.  They also offered promotional rates on the account with low credit limit which was useless when I had another card with them.  Capital One and American Express have been a pleasure to deal with.  Chase has quality customer service but cut back on benefits and rewards are less competitive unless you benefit from the higher end cards but even those have had some benefits cut.  

Shop around.  The Citibank Diamond Preferred does have a long term promotional rate offer but you can do better overall with other issuers.  I used to get preapprovals for the Diamond Preferred.  Ignored them completely.  

Message 26 of 39
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Citibank lost my business awhile back.  They were one of the bad issuers I had to deal with.  On the doublecash and specialty cards like American Airlines cards, they offer really good deals but you likely still have to put up with poor customer service unfortunately unless they have dedicated customer service lines for some products and/or customers.

With so many quality issuers, why settle for Citibank.  JD Power rates the credit card issuers which is available online and have been surprisingly accurate except for Discover.  Discover was absolutely horrible to deal with as well.  I couldn’t wait for them to close my accounts for non usage which they finally did.  It wasn’t on things like card replacement.  It was about things like credit lines, and switching a card I had to the wrong account and my bonus rewards while not much, which I was accumulating disappeared.  They also offered promotional rates on the account with low credit limit which was useless when I had another card with them.  Capital One and American Express have been a pleasure to deal with.  Chase has quality customer service but cut back on benefits and rewards are less competitive unless you benefit from the higher end cards but even those have had some benefits cut.  

Shop around.  The Citibank Diamond Preferred does have a long term promotional rate offer but you can do better overall with other issuers.  I used to get preapprovals for the Diamond Preferred.  Ignored them completely.  

Ummmm....you mean this....http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2017-jd-power-credit-card-study

Or maybe putting it this way http://www.jdpower.com/ratings/study/U.S.-Credit-Card-Satisfaction-Study/2810ENG

Maybe you meant this ...http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2016-us-credit-card-satisfaction-study

Surely you meant this...http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/jd-power-2017-us-banking-app-and-us-credit-card-app-satisfaction-studies

Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ummmm....you mean this....http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2017-jd-power-credit-card-study

Or maybe putting it this way http://www.jdpower.com/ratings/study/U.S.-Credit-Card-Satisfaction-Study/2810ENG

Maybe you meant this ...http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2016-us-credit-card-satisfaction-study

Surely you meant this...http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/jd-power-2017-us-banking-app-and-us-credit-card-app-satisfaction-studies 

Bank of America is great... Until you go into the branch, get dirty looks from the tellers even though you've done nothing wrong, and they give you the "what do you want?" type of attitude. 

Message 28 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bank of America is great... Until you go into the branch, get dirty looks from the tellers even though you've done nothing wrong, and they give you the "what do you want?" type of attitude

Never had that issue, and that's visiting quite a few branches from CA, AZ, TX or even IN.

Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaeJae12 wrote:
Not as bad as having to explain their own products and terms to them so they can understand Smiley Sad , but I feel you... I feel like out of all CS CITI is always a hit or miss type of situation .

OUCH! Well said Smiley Frustrated

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.