Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Monthly statement 5X point calculation "Error"

tag
nishant1
New Contributor

Citi Forward Monthly statement 5X point calculation "Error"

I use Citi Forward for 5X points for fast food and restaurants and last 3 months, I did not see any issue in getting my estimated 5X points when I glanced at statement.

This month's statement showed about 500 points lower than my estimation so I called Citi Forward to itemize which of the transactions I got 5X and which did not.

Initially I shuttled between Forward rep & Thankyou rep. To my frustration, Thankyou rep cannot see each transaction on card where as Forward rep does not see points earned for each transactions. A total mess.

After elevating the issue, the supervisor confirmed that there was a " Error" my statement than what I should have got points by eligible transactions

He then gave me additional 500 points as correction to the error. This however does not fix the root cause of the error which I donot know how to find.

If I find such issue again, I will switch to US Cash + selected categories from next week and stop using Citi Forward

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Monthly statement 5X point calculation "Error"

They are itemized on your statement...

I am able to calculate mine each month by multiplying all 5% category spending by 4 (1 point is already provided in the normal spending category). If there is a discrepancy you should be able to figure out with a few attempts at subtraction.

You can also click each purchase for more details to see how it was coded in Citi's system.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 6
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

It is really too bad to see all the trouble people who got the Forward recently are having. If I were in your situation though, I'd have to agree that it's not worth the continued wrangling to get your 5x.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 3 of 6
nishant1
New Contributor

Merchant category description is the basis for taking up with Citi Forward that points received are lower than expected.

It still does not explain how the statement shows such large error in points.

Message 4 of 6
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Gotcha.

Haven't had such bad luck yet (knocks on wood). Although, they are taking forever to handle my rewards redemption...

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 5 of 6
nishant1
New Contributor

I redeem 10,000 thank you points for $100 check for mortgage payment on my bank mailed to me.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.