Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward product change

tag
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Citi Forward product change

Anyone had any luck with this?  They won't let me convert to another card, and Citi Forward's rewards program is going away.  It's silly because I thought the Double Cash would be nice because right now my best flat rate card is Capital One's Quicksilver at 1.5%.  But if they won't let me have that, there's no reason for me to use Citi at all anymore.  They said Citi Forward is not eligible to be transferred to any other card.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Forward product change

Unfortunately all indications are that it can't be done. You basically either have to live with the reduced Forward or just cancel it.
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a Costco near by? That citi card seems great.
Message 3 of 28
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Not looking to open any new cards.  Sticking with what I have.  So I think I'm done with Citi (maybe will continue with occassional $5 purchases for the 100 thank you points for paying on time, but nothing more than that) if they don't let me change the card.  Will get by with Chase/Discover for restaurants half the year, and otherwise I guess I'll just use my Quicksilver.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called Citi a couple of days ago regarding my Prestige card. While I had the CSR on the phone I inquired about my Forward options. She told me to call back after 6/3 since the new ToC's take effect on 6/4. The rep said no PC's are permitted with pending ToC changes but she thought a PC would be "no problem" after 6/3 (even to a non-TYP card such as the Double Cash). She mentioned that some cards cannot be PC'd because of unique ToC's such as promotional APR's and such.

Hopefully, my CSR is better than your CSR Smiley Tongue

I wish I could play hardball with Citi if they refuse to PC the forward but my Prestige / AT&T Access More card combination is still a powerful point amassing duo. Citi, in spite of their bad rep in these forums, has been very good to me. Their TYP earning cards have actually gotten better over time (despite the major Forward nerf). The new 2 year extended warranty and the Prestige 4th night hotel benefit are unbelievable.

I'm going to try the PC after my Forward statement posts on 6/5. I'll post if sucessful.

Message 5 of 28
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Thanks that's a good theory that makes sense- will try again in June

Message 6 of 28
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called Citi a couple of days ago regarding my Prestige card. While I had the CSR on the phone I inquired about my Forward options. She told me to call back after 6/3 since the new ToC's take effect on 6/4. The rep said no PC's are permitted with pending ToC changes but she thought a PC would be "no problem" after 6/3 (even to a non-TYP card such as the Double Cash). She mentioned that some cards cannot be PC'd because of unique ToC's such as promotional APR's and such.

Hopefully, my CSR is better than your CSR Smiley Tongue

I wish I could play hardball with Citi if they refuse to PC the forward but my Prestige / AT&T Access More card combination is still a powerful point amassing duo. Citi, in spite of their bad rep in these forums, has been very good to me. Their TYP earning cards have actually gotten better over time (despite the major Forward nerf). The new 2 year extended warranty and the Prestige 4th night hotel benefit are unbelievable.

I'm going to try the PC after my Forward statement posts on 6/5. I'll post if sucessful.

IDK I love citi and have for around a year now? got my Citi TY preferred and simplcity in June 2014 and never really used it and got my DC back in May 2015. Now I have the TY preferred, DC, AAdvantage plat, TY premier, and the Hilton HHonors card. I am primarily using my Premier and AAdvantage.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called today, twice, spoke to 2 different people.

They said I only had 2 options, close account or convert CF to citi double (I already have this card)

I wasn't able to combine limits onto 1 card.

I called numbe on back of CF card.
Message 8 of 28
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I'm sure a lot of Citi Forward cardholders will appreciate having the Double Cash available to PC to, assuming Citi makes that offer to all who request it. The new Citi Forward reward structure starting soon just does not compete well with the Double Cash at all unless you are a Citi TY Premier or Prestige user who shops at bookstores (Amazon). I'm not so sure Citi has another card that I would be interested in PC'ing a Forward to besides the Double Cash if I didn't already have one. Personally, I'll be waiting until I can consolidate my Forward rather than getting another Double Cash, however.

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had promised to report back with my PC results.

Well, it turns out Citi offered me a pretty sweet retention offer so I took that instead of PCing to the Citi 2x$ (DC). They offered +2 TYPs per $1 spend for the next six months, 35,000 bonus points max. I jumped on that offer so it will be 3 TYPs / $1 on everyday spending and 4 TYPs / $1 on dining, books, movies, music until Thanksgiving.

I have the Prestige so that's 3 x $0.0133 = $0.0399 on everyday spend if I redeem for airfare. I'm digging that.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.