Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Pending Charge

tag
restdani
New Contributor

Citi Pending Charge

Happy Easter! Apologies in advance if this post is in the wrong category-- I pumped gas back on 03/29 & the gas station charged a "hold" for $175 plus another charge for the actual gas I purchased. 

While I understand the $175 charge is still "pending", I was wondering if any of you have had a similar experience with a pending charge holding on for longer than 14 days? My statement has also cut and I've made payments and the charge still appears on my transactions as pending. Obviously can't dispute until it's actually processed (if it accidentally goes through). I just find it odd that it's taking Citi this long to process a hold from a gas station. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Pending Charge

I've never had a gas station charge pend for 19 days. 

It should have poofed after reconciliation. You might want to contact Citi, I don't think thats normal. 

It could be gas station or Citi tech 😐

Message 2 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nope, never had a hold stay that long for anything. I agree with Remy, contact Citi.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 5
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

I've got a pending charge on my Custom Cash for a duplicate restaurant charge that still hasn't fallen off after 17 days.

Went to a local restaurant, paid the bill tableside via a waitress with an iPad. The device was having a connection issue, so there were 2 charges made. The correct one with the tip went through and posted while the duplicate without the tip has stayed pending. Verified with the restaurant that they only processed the one charge and Citi told me they can't do anything about the duplicate pending.

Rep told me it can stay there for up to 30 days, which I've never had happen before.

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

I've never had a gas station charge pend for 19 days. 

It should have poofed after reconciliation. You might want to contact Citi, I don't think thats normal. 

It could be gas station or Citi tech 😐

@restdani,

As @Remedios mentioned upthread, sometimes quirky things can happen depending how the transaction was processed. Sometimes pending transactions can linger for a bit. IME, when I called Citi with something very similar a while back, the agent cleared the pending  transaction (it had been there for about ~15 days IIRC). She was able to confirm the purchase that was made on that specific date with the merchant and that was that.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.