Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Price Rewind and generic item descriptions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Price Rewind and generic item descriptions

I bought a laptop battery directly from Dell.com. I gave Dell.com my computer's service tag, and it specified which replacement battery I should get. I paid with my Citi AA Platinum.

I went to Citi Price Rewind...and there are several items in the Citi database that have the same very generic "Dell 85 WHr 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery" description. The item descriptions do not include part numbers.

Advice? A number to call? Should I make multiple claims for the different items and just see which one gives the best savings? Pick one, hope for the best, and move on?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Price Rewind and generic item descriptions

Citi CS won't have a clue.  You could send a SM or e-mail instead.  Personally, I'd just make multiple claims.  If the product fails to match the *exact* description you register, then Price Rewind won't recognize it.  This is very frustrating.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikelo22 wrote:

Citi CS won't have a clue.  You could send a SM or e-mail instead.  Personally, I'd just make multiple claims.  If the product fails to match the *exact* description you register, then Price Rewind won't recognize it.  This is very frustrating.

It bothers me that I can't see how much claim activity there is for a particular item, or how many merchants are associated with a particular item's listing.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I picked the one database item that looked the most like my battery, and Citi's found some really sketchy retailer claiming to be selling the exact same item I bought directly from Dell for 25% of what I paid.

Yes, "of", not "off".

Will update if something goes wrong, but I'm dancing for now.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.