Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Recon?

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Citi Recon?

So, I applied for CIti Platinum Select MC and I was declined to the following reason:

-Your credit report shows too few credit references

-Your credit report shows your accounts have a low credit limit.

I currently have the following cards: BOA - CL: 3900

Chase Freedom- CL: 2500

Chase Platinum - CL 5500

Amex Blue- CL: 2500

Amex Green: No pre-set spending limit

Do you think I should recon?  I know this was decided by a comouter because when i called the automated staus line a few minutes after apping it told me that I was denied. What are your experiences with CIti Recon, if any? 

As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Recon?

@sammyfire2001 wrote:

So, I applied for CIti Platinum Select MC and I was declined to the following reason:

-Your credit report shows too few credit references

-Your credit report shows your accounts have a low credit limit.

I currently have the following cards: BOA - CL: 3900

Chase Freedom- CL: 2500

Chase Platinum - CL 5500

Amex Blue- CL: 2500

Amex Green: No pre-set spending limit

Do you think I should recon?  I know this was decided by a comouter because when i called the automated staus line a few minutes after apping it told me that I was denied. What are your experiences with CIti Recon, if any? 

I would definitely recon. Your limits while not especially high don't strike me as very low either. I would call Monday during business hours and get a credit analyst on the phone. Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Recon?

@smallfry wrote:

I would definitely recon. Your limits while not especially high don't strike me as very low either. I would call Monday during business hours and get a credit analyst on the phone. Good luck.

Thanks smallfry. Waiting to Monday will give me some time to a find a working backdoor number.

As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.