cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity BT question

tag

Citi Simplicity BT question

I've had the Simplicity since June. I have emailed CS through the account about a line in the terms for the card.

This is what it said before I applied (and still says):

Length of introductory period will be 0% for 18 months from the date of account opening on purchases and for 18 months from date of first transfer for balance transfers. Balance transfers must be completed within 4 months of account opening.

When I contacted CS, they responded and said that didn't apply for the Simplicity and that the BT can happen anytime during the 18 months and still get the 0%.

I guess I am just sort of concerned after reading this again, and I can't find that response anywhere. They may have deleted it.

Would anyone know if I can do a BT anytime or does it truly have to be within 4 months of account opening?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity BT question

Ive always read four months
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 6
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Just go to the Balance Transfers page of your online account, and it will show you what offers you have available! I'm always offered new 0% BT offers on my Citi cards.

Message 3 of 6
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

When I applied for the Simplicity I got the 21 month BT and purchases offer. It's been one year now and when I check my BT offers they have the 5.99% for two years and 0.00% for 13 months.

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 4 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Wow...21 mos?!? When did you get yours hihihihihihi?!! That's a goooood deal!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 6
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Wow...21 mos?!? When did you get yours hihihihihihi?!! That's a goooood deal!!!

It was a offer that they had a year ago. They no longer have it. It was for the Simplicity, Diamond Preferred, and the Platinum Select. The image says the Citi Simplicity will have a 16.99% interest rate after 21 months, but mine has the 11.99% interest rate after 21 months like the Platinum Select.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EHd_sKDsOTw/TlWMI6EtbCI/AAAAAAAAAHA/LxbhpcItjLo/s1600/citi+zero+apr.png

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.