Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity mailer invitation received but I am doubtful

tag
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Citi Simplicity mailer invitation received but I am doubtful

I keep receiveing their mailer with the invitation code to apply for their SImplicity at 18.99%APR and 21 month bal tr and 12 month 0 purchases. 

BUT

many years ago when going through the 2008 fiasco I had 2 cards that they agreed to settle for less than owed. 

On the back of the mailer they say that 4 out of 5 get approved (if received invitation) but they also list that these approved people "didn't have a card with a history of serious delinquency with them". 

I guess that this makes me inelegilbe despite the fact that they keep sending me these invitations month after month for the past 6+months?

Also, I went to their pre approval webpage and it returned that they didn't find any pre qulification offers for me, but they "suggested" this same card with the same offers on the mailer. 

Should I go for it or it is futile with bad previous history with them?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Simplicity mailer invitation received but I am doubtful

OP, an item to keep in mind these are pre-selected invitations, not pre-approved offers. The will still contain the pre-screened disclaimer.

In other words, these are simply marketing offers, regardless if it comes with an invitation code since that's used mainly for marketing (tracking) purposes.

If you had a not so favorable relationship with Citi in the past, then it's difficult to predict whether you are in the clear. Of course, the only way to know for sure is when you apply, should you decide to pull the trigger.
Message 2 of 5
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

thanks. I figured. I rather not apply since odds aren't in my favor and I could use the HP for something else. 

They do have a very useful 21 month bal tr offer though. 

Any other card with such a lenghty bal tr offer out there?

thanks

Message 3 of 5
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

I had a bad relationship with Citi when I burned them in late 2009 for over $11,000. I got back in last April with the Double Cash card with a $2,000 starting limit, and my Best Buy credit card with a SL of $3,000. So Citi definitely forgives.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 4 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Have you tried the citi pre quailifed site? I burned them in 2005, finally got back in last year. Simplicity card SL 2800 got increase to 4300 just last month, .

However I  get denied for any other citi product and reason previous history, strange beast they are. 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.