Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi card question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi card question

So I've decided to apply for a Platinum Select card. One of my current cards is Key Bank MC issued by Citi. Will this have any impact on my new Citi account? I'm worried that they may give me a smaller line because I already have enough credit with their Co-branded Key Bank MC. Will it matter? Or a co-branded bank is a totally different account and it will not influence my new card? Thank you
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Citi card question

You can still  get approve for another Citi back card.  I have the Citi Platinum Select with a $4000 CL. Two months later, I apped for a Sears Citi backed card.  I got approved for $3600 on it.  Good luck!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but the question was a little different. I know they will approve me, I want to know if the existing CL with them will influence my new line. Is it a different CL for each card as that would be with different banks or is it more like ammount of credit with 1 particular lending institution? I know some people have 3-4 Citi cards and all of them have decent CL... Amex just put a on my Gold Card which was supposed to be no pre-set and ajust to my spending habits and payment history blah blah blah just because I raised my limit on their Blue Cash card... I wonder how Citi treats their multiple card owners
Message 3 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks, but the question was a little different. I know they will approve me, I want to know if the existing CL with them will influence my new line. Is it a different CL for each card as that would be with different banks or is it more like ammount of credit with 1 particular lending institution? I know some people have 3-4 Citi cards and all of them have decent CL... Amex just put a on my Gold Card which was supposed to be no pre-set and ajust to my spending habits and payment history blah blah blah just because I raised my limit on their Blue Cash card... I wonder how Citi treats their multiple card owners

They may match your existing CL if you're approved. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That what I was hoping for)) doest anyone else know or have more experience with Citi cards?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were right, DI. Just applied and got the instant online decicion - Approved! The CL is 11700 which is really close to what I have on their Key Bank MC (10.5k) Now I'm done applying )) Thanks
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done!

Message 7 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You were right, DI. Just applied and got the instant online decicion - Approved! The CL is 11700 which is really close to what I have on their Key Bank MC (10.5k) Now I'm done applying )) Thanks

Congrats!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.