cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi customers, what Citi offers do you receive?

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Citi customers, what Citi offers do you receive?

I just got a credit card with them and want to sign up for their checking and savings account, but want to get a bonus. I read somewhere that they mail offers or show offers in the customer account page. I've already gotten a Citi/Costo offer via mail after just 5 days. Can I expect to see offers in my online account when I get my card and set up the account?

And, how often do they send you offers? Feel free to let me know the different types of offers that you get.

Customer service told me that I could set up my checking/savings account and then have them apply a promo later. But, I'm just wondering if I should hold out for a better offer through my online account. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi customers, what Citi offers do you receive?

All depends on what Citi card you have. I have gotten spend offers on my Sears, pc , bt and flex loan offers on my DP, savings account offers from Citi in general, spend offers on my DC, just all depends on your card and your profileSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I got $400 for opening a checking account. I think I had to keep $10k there for 90 days or something.

Got a few offers for temporarily reduced APRs...1.99% and 5.99%.

I don't think I ever got any merchant-specific reward promos for either debit or credit. I heard Citi offered them, but I guess I wasn't eligible.

I got a few good retention offers when I had a Prestige.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cr101 wrote:

I just got a credit card with them and want to sign up for their checking and savings account, but want to get a bonus. I read somewhere that they mail offers or show offers in the customer account page. I've already gotten a Citi/Costo offer via mail after just 5 days. Can I expect to see offers in my online account when I get my card and set up the account?

And, how often do they send you offers? Feel free to let me know the different types of offers that you get.

Customer service told me that I could set up my checking/savings account and then have them apply a promo later. But, I'm just wondering if I should hold out for a better offer through my online account. 

I have the Citi Double Cash card and I get  balance transfer offers from them at least once a week.  Citi is one of the few lenders who allow you to do ACH transfers from your card to any checking account for a 3% fee but I've not used any BT offers.  I've also gotten frequent offers to open a Citi Accelerate Savings account and eventually opened an account a few weeks ago when they were offering a 2.34% APY but I noticed that after the recent Fed interest rate cuts, the APY has decreased to 2.05%.  I'll probably allow this account to lapse and be closed by them after 90 days since I can find better interest rates elsewhere.

Message 4 of 10
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Well for one, they bombard my email and letter box with offers for their Flex Loan. Other times, I receive offers for $25 cash back on $500 spend or some other ratio.

Currently, I have an offer for 0% on purchases through May 2020 on one card and 1.99% on another. 

They are also known to sometimes try to entice you to product change to one of their cards; usually Double Cash or Rewards +. 

Message 5 of 10
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll probably allow this account to lapse and be closed by them after 90 days since I can find better interest rates elsewhere.

Thanks, everyone. Sounds like I'll have some offers coming my way, so I'll be patient...

MaizeandBlue, just in case you didn't know, you also get points for setting up things like auto-save and doing direct deposit, which is why I'm switching to them...In regards to the interest rate, I saw some 4-6% accounts on doctorofcredit the other day. 

Message 6 of 10
imaximous
Valued Contributor

On the banking side, I got a $500 SUB for opening savings/checking. 

On the credit side, other than the SUBs for each card and the constant marketing for flex loans on DC, I haven't seen any offers and we have several cards: Costco (Personal & Business), AA Business, DC, Prestige and Rewards+. 

I was ready to give up on TYPs and Citi in general until DC was added to the TYP lineup. I'm sticking around a little longer now. 

Message 7 of 10
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

6 months in with their AAdvantage card and they keep promoting a meh-ish BT offer every time I log in but other than that, nada. 

Message 8 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

nada!
20 months AA now.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I have an offer on my LL Bean Mastercard that pays $20 in "Bean Bucks" for spending $400. The offer repeats in November and December. So I spent $410 this month rather than my usual $20 or so.

While the LL Bean benefits are great, the card management tools provided by Citi leave a lot to be desired. The online account doesn't show pending transactions nor does it offer notifications. It also fails to break down rewards on a per-transaction basis. So generally, unless I buy something from LL Bean, I spend $20 or so on gas each month, grab the 2% gas reward, and leave it at that. For $20, I'm willing to do the extra work involved to keep track of my transactions and rewards.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.