cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi "late" fee/int reversed; won't fix statement?

tag
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi "late" fee/int reversed; won't fix statement?

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As an aside, I wanted the account to report $0 that month and it ended up being reported at ~$1300 prior to the payment being included... just something to further irritate me a tad Smiley Wink

I find this bit odd. Citi usually reports the statement balance to credit bureaus in my experience. And statement closing/balance doesn't happen until 4-5 days after the payment due date. 

Is your statement closing the same as your due date? I'm not sure how they've reported the $1300 as to my understanding, any payment posted even a day late would have had atleast 3 days to post before the statement closed for that billing cycle. Were you carrying a balance previously?

Should also mention, there are reports that Citi has not been reporting balances that were paid down to the credit bureaus. They are literally not updating the credit bureau for some accounts. So that's a possible reason that your payment did not reflect in the bureaus.

Look here for others in your predicament: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Citi-not-reporting/td-p/6100098 

That is absolutely shambolic...There is a lawsuit waiting for them.

I can confirm. Paid off my balance and it took them over two weeks to report when my other cards reported within 5 days.

Message 31 of 33
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I've not had any issues with my Citi cards reporting soon after statement closing.

Message 32 of 33
Remedios
Credit Mentor

My Citi card closed yesterday, already updated on EX 

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.