Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi secured

I saw on credit karma that they recommend that I get Citibank secured card. How is the card? I recently got approved for the discover secured and the the green dot secured card
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi secured

It graduates after 18 months and not sooner. If you are okay with waiting that long, then it could work for you.

Mine unsecured after 18 mo with a 300 CL awhile back to a Diamond Preferred. I called and got a CLI to 4000 after. I've received a SP CLI a few months ago to bring it to 5200.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you just manage the 2 you already have there's no good reason to add, yet another secured CC, tying up funds.

If you were adding a SSL ( secured loan) to diversify and give your profile the needed​ MIX of Credit points that'd be one thing but just to get another secured CC, especially one that likes to hold funds 18 months, w/o an outstanding history of mind blowing SLs afterwards anyway ( btw you don't 'need' the SSL if you already have some sort of installment TL on your report, it's only important if you do NOT have any other installer)

**It should be noted LOUDLY....while I really like CK as an informational tool it is FREE because the ADVERTISORS pay to have their products PUSHED!!!

Their products in this case is getting CC apps, so Yes CK will PIMP and actually 'has to' Pimp to pay the bills

The 'recommendation' isn't REALLY a personal recommendation is more of a 'hey ANY profiles within THIS range' get a shout out towards company A
And company B&C wants their ADS run in front of THAT 'range'

This is no different from getting a letter at home or an email that says YOU 'may' be the Big Winner!!!
( You and 15k other 'lucky' souls )

Please don't get confused, CK does NOT do a pre-approval, nor has the ADVERTISOR, they goal is to get ROI on the 💰 they spend on CK and CK 'has to' delivery apps or the jig up.....

You don't have to let the 🍯 trap work on you😱

Again, I like CK... I just don't want anyone to think they are MISSING out on something specific or special based upon any real evaluation...the goal is to app feeding to the advertisors, no more no less

Managing the two TLs you have for 4-8 months will be enough to NOT 'need' to add anymore secured accounts...
Good luck
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'll just keep the two. Thanks for the advice
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.