Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed some Synch cards

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Closed some Synch cards

It's that time again . I am slowly closing cards I don't really use and don't want to get too high with Synch as I know how they can be .

Closed sam's club MasterCard and care credit MasterCard .

EXP 780 EQ 796 TU 806
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Closed some Synch cards

Reducing the field is another part of house cleaning chores. I said goodbye to Macys today and glad of it.

Good for you to take stock of cards that you feel might inhibit your profile or simply not needed.

Message 2 of 18
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

I need to take a closer look at mine, there are a few that are hidden under a pile of dust. Good on ya for starting your clean out.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 18
acreditdummy123
Regular Contributor

barclays closed my synchrony banana republic card ;P

❤️ Am a peaceful, positive person. Credit scores: Amazing and higher than most. AAoA: Superb. No lates. No delinquencies.

The past is the past. I'm a completely new person now as of 3/6/23
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

It's that time again . I am slowly closing cards I don't really use and don't want to get too high with Synch as I know how they can be .

Proud of you! Smiley LOL

Slowly been cullying my herd for the same reasons. Don't miss the extra cards. The slowly is so I don't shock the credit issuers (maybe)? Note, my Fico Scores have not fluctuated one point over the several closing and reduction of many thousands of dollars. Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 18
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

I dont blame you considering how unpredictable sync is. The Amazon store card interests me because i buy a lot of stuff there. on the prequal i am approved only with a 1k sl.

I have no shot for the chase amazon since i burned chase for 20k plus in my bk7, i also burned synch for 4k but i guess enough time went by for them to forgive. maybe next year since my slate is full right now.

BEWARE THE SYNC BEAR

3X0Z4XX.gif

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 2100/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos ,most are slightly above 700, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's

TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 6 of 18
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Reducing the field is another part of house cleaning chores. I said goodbye to Macys today and glad of it.

Good for you to take stock of cards that you feel might inhibit your profile or simply not needed.

Next month i begin thinning my herd starting with mission lane

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 2100/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos ,most are slightly above 700, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's

TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 7 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Proud of you! Smiley LOL

Slowly been cullying my herd for the same reasons. Don't miss the extra cards. The slowly is so I don't shock the credit issuers (maybe)? Note, my Fico Scores have not fluctuated one point over the several closing and reduction of many thousands of dollars. Smiley Surprised

Thanks yes that is my plan to slowly close  some cards. It's just getting too hard trying to rotate cards and when looking at them I think I really don't use these , so we continue to close some as I have a fee lenders that I have multiple cards and don't want to spook them lol

EXP 780 EQ 796 TU 806
Message 8 of 18
Trini88
Established Contributor

Good for you! Will be getting rid of my Lowes card from them myself. Before the end of the year Victoria Secret, Lowes, Bank of America and possibly the Quicksilver will be on the chopping block.

Goal Cards:
Message 9 of 18
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I REALLY  need to do some thinning of the herd, but I don't want to see my overall utilization go up...

So I'm doing nothing.

09/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 800, TU 779.
Fico 9: EX 772 07/14/24, EQ 789 07/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.