Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed some Synch cards

tag
FinanceGuy205
Established Member

Re: Closed some Synch cards

@tcbofade wrote:

I REALLY  need to do some thinning of the herd, but I don't want to see my overall utilization go up...

So I'm doing nothing.

Same.

Im surprised so many are willing to get rid of their cards for absolutely no reason. The AF cards I understand but the others make no sense to me.

Message 11 of 18
Trini88
Established Contributor

@FinanceGuy205 wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

I REALLY  need to do some thinning of the herd, but I don't want to see my overall utilization go up...

So I'm doing nothing.

Same.

Im surprised so many are willing to get rid of their cards for absolutely no reason. The AF cards I understand but the others make no sense to me.

Victoria Secret- Don't trust Bread Financial/Comenity after the fiasco last month plus now that they switched to Bread my growth on that card is now at a standstill. They can go.

Lowes- Only got that card for one reason, now that the reason was met and Lowes also refuse to grow with me, I refuse to grow with them.

Bank of America- Refuses to product change my card. Will be getting the Cash Rewards, transferring the money onto the new card and will be promptly closing.

Quicksilver- Refuses to grow, refuses to grant me another card I actually want from them because "I have too many cards with them". Will be closing it to make way for their Venture X.

😆😆😆

Goal Cards:
Message 12 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats @Jnbmom ! Less cards less headaches. You still got a nice combo of accounts anyways.

Message 13 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinanceGuy205 wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

So I'm doing nothing.

Same.

I have  a lot of cards and keeping track of them and trying to use them periodically to show usage is starting to be a pain . Also with Synch I was getting close to their max and didn't want to have them close some which they always seem to close the ones you like or they just shut them all down , not willing to take that risk .

EXP 780 EQ 796 TU 806
Message 14 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on thinning the herd.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 15 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinanceGuy205 wrote:

Same.

A general reason is that even no AF cards have "costs" in other ways, both mental, and if you really want to keep them alive, financial in the need to put small maybe recurring charges and check from time to time.   Once the profile is thick enough, keeping cards doesn't do much for utilization or AAoA, so why keep unwanted cards.

Message 16 of 18
xveganrox

@FinanceGuy205 wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

So I'm doing nothing.

Same.

The Sync cards have a way of sorting themselves out, at least IME they tend to close them after a year of no use. They share their exposure though, so if you have 10 cards that add up to $X and there is a Sync card you want, you might not be able to get a decent CL on it while you have them

Rebuilding: FICO - EX: 746 / TU: 756 / EQ: 753

Capital One Platinum Secured (RIP) $500 - Petal $1600 - Discover IT $10000 - Apple Card $7500 - Venmo Card $3200 - Amex BCE $9000

Never PiF on a 0% APR, always PiF otherwise - 8.5+ years since last BK

General reaction to X brand card IRL:

AMEX revolver = oh cool I think my mom has that | AMEX charge = oh nice I think my dad has that | Chase anything other than freedom flex = I thought you had to be like rich for that | Discover = oh cool I got mine when I was a freshman | all the random no-AF fin-techs that would offer me credit for weird reasons without fees when I had a FICO of like 370 that gave me limits of like $287 or something: WHOA that’s got such a nice design, how did you get that?
Message 17 of 18
FinanceGuy205
Established Member

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FinanceGuy205 wrote:

Same.

A general reason is that even no AF cards have "costs" in other ways, both mental, and if you really want to keep them alive, financial in the need to put small maybe recurring charges and check from time to time.   Once the profile is thick enough, keeping cards doesn't do much for utilization or AAoA, so why keep unwanted cards.

I guess I just don't ever get cards that don't benefit me.

So the only way i'd close them is if they suddenly changed the benefits that the card gives.

Otherwise, why would I get the card in the first place?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.