Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing First Premier Questions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing First Premier Questions?

I am PIFing this next week and then will 'close' it before the fees hits again.  Has anyone closed one and how much hassle and trouble did they give you?

How should I protect myself from them messing around (have read horror stories elsewhere), and trashing my scores?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing First Premier Questions?

I am thinking of closing mine also or either just never using it again. I hate the card it only has a $200 limit. I have cards with 4k, 1k ,and 1k limits now so its pointless. I have asked for a CL increase and they never give it to me. And I hate that fee every month.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just keep checking online and make sure NOTHING touches it.

All they need is a $1 auth to re-open the card.

Keep following up to make sure it gets closed.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
I am PIFing this next week and then will 'close' it before the fees hits again.  Has anyone closed one and how much hassle and trouble did they give you?

How should I protect myself from them messing around (have read horror stories elsewhere), and trashing my scores?

I had 2 First Premier cards and was AU on another. I PIF and called them and asked them to close and they did so while I was on the phone. It took them a long time however to report to the CB and it appeared that I still owed the money. Finally had to dispute one of them to get them to mark it as closed by consumer.

DW had 2 accounts and they closed one without question, but wouldn't close the other because they said it was too new and they did not want to see her waste the high fee she had to pay to get the card. BTW, she PIF before calling them.

So they gave her a $70 credit and she is letting it sit there to pay for the MMF of $6. So far they have charged her one fee of $6 and now we are going to call back again and insist on closing. If we are blessed, they will send her a check for a refund on the remaining $64.00. I just got a refund check yesterday for $6 for the last MMF that they reversed after I PIF and closed.

Just be polite, but firm with them and they wil close the accounts for you. Good luck!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.