Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank- CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Bank- CLI

Hey!
I have a question. I am new to the world of credit. I currently have a Victoria Secret Credit Card with a credit line in the amount of $150. I always use my card and pay it off I’m full a couple times a month. I have requested an increase however I have been denied. I accidentally purchased something using the wrong cc account the other day however, Comenity covered the charge. Suddenly, my account balance is $247 , however my credit limit still says $150. Does that mean that this is my new credit limit?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
gabeerwin
Contributor

Re: Comenity Bank- CLI

I have seen numerous threads on this site talking about spending more than the cards limit and comenity upping the limit and honoring the purchase.  Clearly this is a YMMV situation but I would very vervous having a card that is showing over the limit.

Message 2 of 12
CivalV
Established Contributor

That is odd. I previously had a VS card with a 350 limit. In March I paid it in full and then forgot to use it, so they closed the account. I reapplied and was approved for $150.00. I pay it off in full and I also use credit karma.. credit karma reported that a positive payment hit TU & that my credit limit for that account “VS” is $200.00.. I am going to call and check what the CL is for my account. I find it odd that CK would report that I have a $200.00 CL when it is actually $150.00
Message 3 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

If you really want to know, contact Comenity. Credit card agreements often state something like "we may honor transactions over your credit limit." That doesn't necessarily mean they're giving you a higher limit, just allowing a higher purchase this one time. Pay it down fast is my only advice. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey!
I have a question. I am new to the world of credit. I currently have a Victoria Secret Credit Card with a credit line in the amount of $150. I always use my card and pay it off I’m full a couple times a month. I have requested an increase however I have been denied. I accidentally purchased something using the wrong cc account the other day however, Comenity covered the charge. Suddenly, my account balance is $247 , however my credit limit still says $150. Does that mean that this is my new credit limit?

You can always check your online account to make sure or call the Robo Lady. Either is accurate if there are changes in your account.

Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, as mentioned upthread, call the number on the back of your card to confirm.

Since there isn't much information provided, it could be that the purchase amount was authorized above your CL or that your account may have received a CLI. The automated system should be able to confirm that information.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV wrote:
That is odd. I previously had a VS card with a 350 limit. In March I paid it in full and then forgot to use it, so they closed the account. I reapplied and was approved for $150.00. I pay it off in full and I also use credit karma.. credit karma reported that a positive payment hit TU & that my credit limit for that account “VS” is $200.00.. I am going to call and check what the CL is for my account. I find it odd that CK would report that I have a $200.00 CL when it is actually $150.00

You can always call VS if there are any discrepancies. VS - I meant Comenity Bank. It doesn't take a long wait when waiting for a CSR and if they report that to CB ($200) and not giving it to you to use is unfair.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma also reported that I had a $200 Limit twice in the past six weeks.. really strange.
Message 8 of 12
CivalV
Established Contributor

So I checked my account over the phone and it is still a $150.00 CL for VS... been paying off this CC for a couple of months. Wondering if I hit the CLI Request button if it is a HP or SP.
Message 9 of 12
kiea
Frequent Contributor

The CLI button is definitely a SP.  You can also download the app to check your account.  

I had the card since December 2017 and I have received any kind of increase.  Hopefully I can get something at the 1 year mark.  

I have 3 Comenity Bank cards...Can't get 1 increase...smh

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.