Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank Closed CC!!!!

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Comenity Bank Closed CC!!!!

I opened an Ulta CC on the 04 Jan and I got the card today and it was closed out as Comenity Bank told me that a fraud alert was on my CRA and those people post a high risk to the bank of loss and they account would have to be closed out. I have other account with them for years and they are fine as of now, all the more reason not to use a bank with this methods. They told me to call the CRA and the CRA's will tell me why this happened. 
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Bank Closed!!

Yes, these things happen with Comenity OP, unfortunately.

Were the fraud alerts present on all 3 of your CRs when you applied or just one?

It's not unusual for Comenity to perform a secondary review/audit and take action (adverse in this case).

Message 2 of 12
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Yes, these things happen with Comenity OP, unfortunately.

Were the fraud alerts present on all 3 of your CRs when you applied or just one?

It's not unusual for Comenity to perform a secondary review/audit and take action (adverse in this case).

All  three, Comenity Bank told me the CRA told them to close the account. They also told me to call the CRA but did not know witch one to have me call call.

Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'm thinking this was more of an internal review/action by Comenity based on the information obtained or provided by the CRAs. So, if a fraud alert in combination with any other screening factors led to the closure, then that's likely the outcome.
Message 4 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Whew. I thought Comenity Bank itself closed. May want to change the title to Comenity Closed My Account.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 12
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Woohoo!! Comenity Bank is closed! No more! Ceased to exist!! Goodbye and RIP Comenity!!
Wait what?
.... Sorry thought it was them that went down belly up.
Sorry to hear about the closure OP. But you’ll thank them later on. Comenity also shut me down as well with my SGV acquired via SCT the years passed just after I cold app’d for an Orbit Visa a few months later and boy I’m glad now they did as I now fully know what they are and don’t want any part of them nor even wanna breath same air as they do. Might be diff experience to others but we all have a lender we so love dearly to hate, bash and say e_F$#! things about!... Comenity is mine so please pardon my Russian! Smiley Happy
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 12
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I have a very good credit rating around 775 all three. I think they don’t like that I take ther rewards and don’t pay interest on thier cards. SYNCB is not much better in anything they do.
Message 7 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@corymcd88 wrote:
I have a very good credit rating around 775 all three. I think they don’t like that I take ther rewards and don’t pay interest on thier cards. SYNCB is not much better in anything they do.

And I think you just jinxed yourself because SYNCB is now requesting for POI...per your CareCredit CLI thread. 

Message 8 of 12
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I don’t need to deal with bank like that I have what I want with AMEX and Citi and Barclays. I only had them because I shop at Express Eddie and Ulta.
Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

What bank really wants us to take their rewards and not pay interest?. If it were up to banks we woildnt get any rewards and they would keep all profit lol. Comenity is just a cray cray lender whose left hand doesnt know what its it's right hand  is doing. Sync is usually on everyones bad list until they need a big cli. Every lender from the almighty Chase to the Comenity' s of the world have their good and bad points, key is to find the lender that works well with your needs.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.