Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank Credit Cards

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

Comenity Bank Credit Cards

Does anyone have any exp with Comenity Bank in terms of being approved for multiple store credit cards that this bank issues and manages?  Was just approved for their Pottery Barn card and wanted to know if anyone has multiple different store cards issued by them and if they are easy to get once you have your foot in the door with the first one.

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
Sabrian31487
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity Bank Credit Cards

I believe there is a checkout trick that you can do to get most comenity bank cards without even getting a hardpull.. I did this with OneStopPlus.com and have a 750.00 credit limit and no hardpull.I have seen multiple people use this checkout trick and it works for them with Victoria secrets, Bealls, Bealls outlet, onestopplus.com, and there are plenty more. You could probably find the topic in the searchbar if you search "Checkout Trick"

Keith

Discover IT 02/2013 (1000.00),Chase Freedom 02/2013 (3000.00),AmEx Blue Cash Everyday 06/2013 (3000.00)
Citi Simplicity 06/2013 (1000.00)
TU FICO - 718 , CK TU - 738 , Credit.com EX - 727, Quizzle.com - 720, CreditSesame.com - 720

Message 2 of 57
learnin113
Established Contributor

Easy to get, even easier if the checkout trick works for you. Their CLIs are small but automatic like clockwork every 3 months. YMMV, good luck.
Message 3 of 57
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

In my experience, the checkout trick only works on a couple of stores. This was tested by having myself and my wife trying the checkout trick nearly every week for 5 months at various websites. Though there is a huge list, I found this trick to only work at: Express, Victorias Secret, OneStopPlus, Woman Within, Buckle, King Size, Bealls, Roamans, Brylane Home, JCrew, Eddie Bauer. On my wife, it did not work for 5 months until she finally hit around a 610 Fico, then it started to approve her for all of these.

I have had 5 accounts with them all opened at same time and recently closed one. They seem to be pretty friendly to multiple accts but on the 4th acct they did call to verify my identity.

I have tried Sportsmans Guide, Pottery Barn, Sports Authority, Eddie Bauer etc. for several months and I never get approved at checkout not even with a 740 fico. RSC was your pottery barn approval a hard pull or soft?

Message 4 of 57
RSCo
Established Contributor

@Sabrian31487 wrote:

I believe there is a checkout trick that you can do to get most comenity bank cards without even getting a hardpull.. I did this with OneStopPlus.com and have a 750.00 credit limit and no hardpull.I have seen multiple people use this checkout trick and it works for them with Victoria secrets, Bealls, Bealls outlet, onestopplus.com, and there are plenty more. You could probably find the topic in the searchbar if you search "Checkout Trick"

Keith

yeah have repeatedly tried the shopping cart trick and could never get it to work - anywhere... i tried on pottery barn last week and nope, wouldn't work.. so, I just applied with them this past monday and got the 7-10 window message and the card came in the mail today with a 4k CL...  i wish i could get that trick to work..

Message 5 of 57
RSCo
Established Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

In my experience, the checkout trick only works on a couple of stores. This was tested by having myself and my wife trying the checkout trick nearly every week for 5 months at various websites. Though there is a huge list, I found this trick to only work at: Express, Victorias Secret, OneStopPlus, Woman Within, Buckle, King Size, Bealls, Roamans, Brylane Home, JCrew, Eddie Bauer. On my wife, it did not work for 5 months until she finally hit around a 610 Fico, then it started to approve her for all of these.

I have had 5 accounts with them all opened at same time and recently closed one. They seem to be pretty friendly to multiple accts but on the 4th acct they did call to verify my identity.

I have tried Sportsmans Guide, Pottery Barn, Sports Authority, Eddie Bauer etc. for several months and I never get approved at checkout not even with a 740 fico. RSC was your pottery barn approval a hard pull or soft?

hmmm.... i'm going to try some of these sites.. Smiley Happy

it was a hard pull on EQ Monday and the card came today..  but I applied for the card directly.. i could never get the shopping cart trick to work..

Message 6 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I have:
Exp 3050 limit
Anf 2950 limit
Smile Gen 6250 limit!

Great cards for building!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 57
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Anyone get this to work at Sports Authority? I tried it and sorta don't think you can get pop up there seeing at checkout they don't even take their own CC lol

"Currently we do not accept The Sports Authority store credit card."

Message 8 of 57
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I have two account with them...Victoria Secret and Brylane Home. Both done with shopping cart trick. I have still not gotten a cli on either and I think you have to wait 9 months for the first one.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 9 of 57
RSCo
Established Contributor

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

Anyone get this to work at Sports Authority? I tried it and sorta don't think you can get pop up there seeing at checkout they don't even take their own CC lol

"Currently we do not accept The Sports Authority store credit card."

Bwhahahaha. SMH!!

Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.