Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank auto CLI

tag
Ms6Footer
Contributor

Comenity Bank auto CLI

So we can now safely assume that you are taking a roll of the dice when you request a CLI ẃ Comenity and that train is sliding into the station on the unlimited CLI attempts. My question is about Auto CLI ẃ the bank. Do they give those? I'm not sure I've ever seen a post about an Auto CLI. Anyone have any info, input or data points on that? It was fun while it lasted. I didnt get my Lane Bryant or Torrid card where I would love it to be but I'm also not willing to risk a HP at this point.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity Bank auto CLI

I went from $1000 to $1,130 on my Overstock.com card. It was an auto increase that came out of nowhere. The CLI that I requested on the card have been denied each time. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an HSN card and wanted a CLI and it hit me with a HP.  I was disappointed in that.  I was gardening for 2 years so I'm a bit bummed this happened.  I have a Wayfair card that saw a CLI as a SP from 1800 to 3400.  I won't be pulling the trigger online for any CLI for my Comenity cards.  It is better to call and have someone do it over the phone because they can do the SP request.  Wish I had known that before I tried to get more on my HSN card. 

Message 3 of 10
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Using the automated system via the phone for Boscov's did not trigger a HP, I just did it last week.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes just very recently got an auto cli on my Boscovs store card from Commenity. 

At the time my line was 3,150 and they gave a 200 auto cli.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I got an auto increase of $650 on my Torrid card. I got my new statement today and was pleasantly surprised. I have had the card since February and only did a PIF once.
Message 6 of 10
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Got an auto cli on my Meijer store card today taking it from $750 to $1060 CL (odd increase amount). This is the first increase on the card since I got it in Oct 2017.  I stopped requesting cli's on my Comenity cards after I got hit with 6 hp's for different cards back in November 2017.  I foolishly checked the box agreeing to credit pull assuming it was just a "possibility."  As it turned out, it was a "reality"  X6 all on the same day.  Lesson learned.  Only comfort was that each of the cards did receive an increase.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first increase I got on my VS card was an auto-CLI. The rest, and both CLIs on my Wayfair, have been SP requested increases.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Simply Be, Lane Bryant, VS, Wayfair.
My original SL for the first 3 were about $250 to $300, but after a year of total use and PIF, they auto raised to 1100, 1400, 1200, etc.
However, I used my Wayfair at a SL of $750 to buy all new whatever for my house, and within a couple months, I was at $4010. Weird, I know.
They have me listed as a business, and I am a beta MyWay discount shopper with a personal "concierge", even white glove delivery is almost half the price! Also, I did a few dozen reviews with pics for almost every major Wayfair purchase to get $5 to $25 in acct credit each!
But, I did a soft pull for a washer/dryer set on my mom's new chromebook (so it was an unknown IP address as a source, so I was told to do from others to get a better SL) and she has a $9000 SL! I was like 😡🤬😭
So, yeah. All autos but I try to get noticed, leave a lot of good feedback when possible, and call if I fell like asking for more. I also use every coupon they give as an opp to buy and make my devotion legit. That whole SCT thing really made me feel like not being ungrateful about Comenity cards. 🤨
Message 9 of 10
fritscher
Regular Contributor

I got auto cli from huntington bank and 5th third
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.