Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Caesars Upgrade to Visa Signature -

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Comenity Caesars Upgrade to Visa Signature -

So I got approved for a Comenity Visa with a 1k limit about 7 months ago, a week after I had the card I contacted the ofc of the president and had the CL increased to 6k, then I wrote in and since my CL was 5k or more I requested a Visa Signature card and they just sent me the same piece of plastic I already had with Visa card without Signature on it.

Today I got a cli to 7200.00, do you think that increase will prompt the computer to send me a Visa Signature ?

I don't think writing in again will do anygood.

Any suggestions ?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity Caesars Upgrade to Visa Signature -

Are there any more benefits that the card will provide by getting a signature version ?

I logged into my Caesar's account and see that they offer both versions:

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 9.15.50 AM.png

Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Caesars Upgrade to Visa Signature -

@Andy77 wrote:

So I got approved for a Comenity Visa with a 1k limit about 7 months ago, a week after I had the card I contacted the ofc of the president and had the CL increased to 6k, then I wrote in and since my CL was 5k or more I requested a Visa Signature card and they just sent me the same piece of plastic I already had with Visa card without Signature on it.

Today I got a cli to 7200.00, do you think that increase will prompt the computer to send me a Visa Signature ?

I don't think writing in again will do anygood.

Any suggestions ?

No.

It's system driven and not tied by your current limit. Since you started on the low end (regardless of the CLI you received to 6K), the system has you coded as a Platinum Visa account. Which is why you received the same plastic version.

Comenity does upgrade to either World or Visa Signature on its own. Not something that you can request. If you really want to get a VS, you'd have to close the current card and retry applying in the hopes you get approved with better terms to qualify for the VS tier. Otherwise, all you can do is keep using the card moderately in the hopes the system can upgrade it in the future. No guarantees though.

There are instances where even if approved for a high SL, Comenity can still issue a Visa Platinum with not the best APR. Your profile has to be on the decent end to qualify for VS out of the gate.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.