Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cox Internet counts as streaming on SavorOne question

tag
Trini88
Established Contributor

Cox Internet counts as streaming on SavorOne question

So I saw on here last month that someone used their Savor credit card on their internet bill because it counted towards streaming. My SavorOne had a 3% on streaming so paid the bill 2 days ago. I got 3% back off my bill even though it's coded Phone/Cable. My question is, I'm waited for the Amex BCP to come in the mail and it has 6% back on streaming. Has anyone used the card on their internet bill??? I never saw anything about your internet bill counting as streaming with Capital One or Amex.

Goal Cards:
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DONZI
Established Contributor

Re: Cox Internet counts as streaming on SavorOne question

That's awesome!

I have experimented slightly with my internet service (Frontier Communications) provider and have so far only found the 5% paypal quarter on the Discover via paypal key.

Frontier appears to code like my VoIP service -- Telecommunications.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 2 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Trini88 wrote:

So I saw on here last month that someone used their Savor credit card on their internet bill because it counted towards streaming. My SavorOne had a 3% on streaming so paid thse bill 2 days ago. I got 3% back off my bill even though it's coded Phone/Cable. My question is, I'm waited for the Amex BCP to come in the mail and it has 6% back on streaming. Has anyone used the card on their internet bill??? I never saw anything about your internet bill counting as streaming with Capital One or Amex.

Is your question about how a transaction codes on the SavorOne/Savor cards, or is it about how the transaction would code with Amex?

If it's the latter, you might consider updating your thread title to get more appropriate feedback.

Message 3 of 6
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I have been getting 5% cash back using US bank cash+ for my Spectrum bill.

Message 4 of 6
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

USBank specifically includes "internet and streaming" in their 5% category.

Message 5 of 6
Trini88
Established Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Yes I'm hoping to get that card in 2 yrs for those categories but if I can get 6% with the BCP on my internet, I wouldn't even bother with the USB Cash+. Either way I'm waiting till my bill is due to put $5 on the card and see if I get the 6% back. If not I'll stick with my SavorOne for now and get the USB Cash+ in 2023.

Goal Cards:
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.