Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card or Line of Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card or Line of Credit

I'm going to buy a new TV soon; Sony, Sharp, etc. Many of them allow me to finance through them as 18 months no interest kinds of things. The Sony site shows a card that I would get but I don't think it is a Visa or MC as I think I can only use it on Sony's site.

My questions is, one, is this a credit card or a line of credit? And two, is there an advantage to having credit like Sony vs. the general everyday credit card through Amex or Chase? I know the "mix" of types of credit is important but I don't know how these will report. And lastly, once I pay this off, probably in a few months, do I "keep" that credit for future use or do I reapply next time I wish to buy something? Thanks for your advice. 

-A 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Card or Line of Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think it is a Visa or MC as I think I can only use it on Sony's site.

My questions is, one, is this a credit card or a line of credit? And two, is there an advantage to having credit like Sony vs. the general everyday credit card through Amex or Chase? I know the "mix" of types of credit is important but I don't know how these will report. And lastly, once I pay this off, probably in a few months, do I "keep" that credit for future use or do I reapply next time I wish to buy something? Thanks for your advice. 

-A 

This card,this card,and this card all are obviously VISA bank cards.

Were any of these cards the one which you are considering?

Message Edited by CreditAble on 02-27-2009 04:14 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too bad you didn't have a Circuit City card.  Prior to their Liquidation sale, they offered 0% for 3 years.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the card I'm refering to.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?cmsId=sony_ge_financing&hideHeaderFooter=true

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.