tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards that Update with Zero Balance Mid-Cycle

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Will never update, even if you request it:

- Amex

DM2 just had success at getting a mid-cycle report out of AMEX.

@Anonymous wrote:

This was very helpful.  Both Discover AND Amex were happy do do off cycle reports.  Took about 3 days to post with all 3 Credit Bureaus.

Barclay Card Apple Rewards was a complete dud -- no help whatsoever.  Wouldn't even let me speak to their credit dept.

Trying Paypal now.  Will update.

Thank you. Updated.

Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have we seen any datapoints on Citi or Bank of America?  6 of my 12 cards are with one of these two issuers.  Since I may be doing a mortgage in late summer or fall, I'd love to know if anyone has experience with these two.

I am guessing that a lot of other people might want to know about it too, since these are big issuers.

Message 12 of 38
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Chase does it,  just pay down to 0... happens every month I use my freedom card and pay it off. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have we seen any datapoints on Citi or Bank of America?  6 of my 12 cards are with one of these two issuers.  Since I may be doing a mortgage in late summer or fall, I'd love to know if anyone has experience with these two.

I am guessing that a lot of other people might want to know about it too, since these are big issuers.

I'm actually looking for data points regarding Citi ... has anyone had experience with Citi doing a mid-cycle balance update?

Message 14 of 38
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I've never known Lowe''s, Walmart, or the Amazon store card to update mid-cycle unless the balance was paid off. And between me, hubby, and my mom we have 3 Lowe's, 3 Walmart, and 2 Amazon cards.
Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
I've never known Lowe''s, Walmart, or the Amazon store card to update mid-cycle unless the balance was paid off. And between me, hubby, and my mom we have 3 Lowe's, 3 Walmart, and 2 Amazon cards.

I can't speak to Lowe's ... but neither my Walmart nor my Amazon have ever updated mid-cycle. 

Message 16 of 38
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Bank of the West reports at (End of month / 1st of new month), Statement is same as reporting.

US Bank reports at (End of month / 1st of new month), Ignoring the statement balance reported.

Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to add for information purposes:

Chase will update your balance mid-cycle anytime you request it, as long as it is different than what appears on your report.

Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity:

• Williams-Sonoma - Flat out refused. I told them that Comenity had done it for Wayfair customers, that didn't seem to make a difference. Made a slight change to my address, no change 4 days later.
  • Crate & Barrel - Also said no, floated the Wayfair experience, still flat out refused. Updated my address, but doesn't seem to have had any effect. 

-- I'd be curious to speak with the person who had success with Wayfair how they did it.

American Express:

• BCE - Obliged and showed up on Experian 1 day later.

Bank of America:

• 1-2-3 Cash Rewards - Again, a flat no. The rep said that they are only allowed to update midcycle if there is something inaccurate, or the balance that was reported contained charges that are in dispute.

Target:

• RedCard - First rep I spoke to said no, it would update on the 15th. Called the other number (the 'general credit questions' one); rp said that I had an update for the day I called, but the wording was super unclear. It's not my statement date (which will be 6/14), but I did change my address the night before to try to trigger one. However, no update seems to have happened 4 days later.
Message 19 of 38
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

Chase does it,  just pay down to 0... happens every month I use my freedom card and pay it off. 

I have to update this a bit, apparently it doesn't work with some or all Chase Co-Branded call, I recently paid of a large balance on my Chase Southwest card, no mid-cycle update. so more data points are needed for chase co-branded cards. But it absolutely does update for Freedom and CSP

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.