Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards that Update with Zero Balance Mid-Cycle

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Cards that Update with Zero Balance Mid-Cycle

Really nice question for the community!  It looks like you want feedback to classify CCCs in four ways:

Automatically updates a zero balance (no CSR intervention needed):

- Chase

Automatically updates any balance (no CSR intervention needed):

- Synchony cards

- Amazon Store Card*

- Ebates Visa*

- Lowes

- Walmart*

These cards will update the CRAs at the exact mid-point of your billing cycle and you do not need to pay the balance to $0.  Any payment (at least $1) is enough to trigger the update for the Sych cards.  Walmart seems unpredictable but will often report at the mid-point even if your balance has increased and whether or not you have made a payment.

Will always update, but you have to request it:

- Comenity

- Wayfair 

- Discover

- Amex (mixed reports - some say they do, others say they don't)

Will never update, even if you request it

- BMW Visa

- Cabelas (WFB)

- Cap One

- NFCU

- Barclay Card Apple Rewards

Rapid Rescore situations for mortgages might be an exception, but expect that in general these issuers will not do mid-cycle updates.

Updates on a specific date

- Bank of the West reports at (End of month / 1st of new month), Statement is same as reporting.

- US Bank reports at (End of month / 1st of new month), Ignoring the statement balance reported.

Please share your experiences with mid-cycle reporting. I'll be updating this top list based upon feedback regularly.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards that Update with Zero Balance Mid-Cycle

My BMW Visa refused to update. I called tonight to try to add another DP even tho not many ppl have this card.
Message 2 of 38
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Cabelas (WFB) refused me like 4 times to update, they state I have to wait till the statement cuts for them to report.
Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grateful thanks to Federalist for stepping up to manage this effort!

Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Grateful thanks to Federalist for stepping up to manage this effort!

When in the rebuilding process, particularly early on, being able to make things report at certain times can be invaluable as we juggle when to apply for credit. I'm hopeful that plenty of members will share their experiences so we can build a robust database.

Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love it. I also hope to see if people chime in with experience if some of the rules were fudged to get mortgage or auto loan terms changed with banks who offer mortgages and credit cards, that don't historically mid cycle update.
Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm as of today my USBank Cash+ card did the opposite-it posted a balance after I used it. It was a large purchase I made that will get paid off in 2 weeks but it sucks because I waited until my Statement posted to make the purchase and it reported as 0. Then I made the purchase and immediately it updated. Not sure if they always do this as I have never noticed before but I did on this because I almost maxed my card out and it dinged my FICO and I got an alert. Maybe they only do it when it is a large purchase. Not sure. But it happened to me this month.
Message 7 of 38
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

US Bank reports on the first of the month. You have to play the game differently with them.

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx Heaven.... did not know that. I have never really looked at my Statement or when they update. That explains it.
Message 9 of 38
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Will never update, even if you request it:

- Amex

DM2 just had success at getting a mid-cycle report out of AMEX.

@Anonymous wrote:

This was very helpful.  Both Discover AND Amex were happy do do off cycle reports.  Took about 3 days to post with all 3 Credit Bureaus.

Barclay Card Apple Rewards was a complete dud -- no help whatsoever.  Wouldn't even let me speak to their credit dept.

Trying Paypal now.  Will update.

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.