Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Freeze Questions and Clarification

tag
Griselle
New Contributor

Credit Freeze Questions and Clarification

So I have a question about freezing credit reports. Since I'm in the garden, I want to freeze all three credit reports to avoid getting Hard Inquiries for CLI's. Since sometimes a creditor will tell you it's a soft inquiry and you get an alert later saying you have a new hard inquiry on your report. (This has happened to me) So with that being said, has anyone had any experiences with requesting CLI's with a freeze on your reports? Are creditors still able to pull soft Inquiries with the freezes in place?

I just want the option to change my mind if the CLI requires a Hard Inquiry. I want to stay in the garden and grow my current credit lines. Advice? Experiences?

American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

In the garden until 06/2014!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Freeze Questions and Clarification

I have all 3 frozen and I got a CLI from BOA with a SP and a CLI from AMEX with no pulls (weird one there were no soft anywhere either)

However, Chase, USAA, Discover etc asked me to unfreeze my reports for CLI. Chase SP'ed me last saturday but still no CLI. They can't even see that they SP me on EX (even weirder)

GE which is normally SP's even asked to to unfreeze since they cant access my report for CLI. If BOA can SP me, I would think that GE could too.

Message 2 of 3
Griselle
New Contributor

Re: Credit Freeze Questions and Clarification

I think BOA and Amex are the primary ones I'm going to try to get CLI's with in the coming months. Discover is a whole different kind of beast on it's own, it's about to be SD'd for a bit while I garden. :- / Maybe in a year when I'm done gardening, I'll take Hard hit for a Chase and Discover CLI. 

Thank you for the insight Smiley Happy

American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

In the garden until 06/2014!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.