Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Increase and soft pull question

tag
sge760
Contributor

Credit Limit Increase and soft pull question

In October, I was able to drop my utilization down from 50% to 1% and have maintained it with scores 795-810 across the board.

I am interested in doing a few credit limit increases with cards that I know will be soft inquiries. From my understanding, the credit card companies use the last check they do on a customer to base their decision on.

My question is, is there a way to have the credit card companies check your most up to date report before applying for a CLI?

For example, I can see that Amex hasn't looked at my report since July. Is there a way I can spark their attention to update their computers with my latest reports? I was thinking to try some of those prequalified/preapproved sites? Maybe that will get them to focus on me a little...any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Increase and soft pull question

Use + PIF = update usually.  As for SP's though they can do them whenever they want to.  There's nothing to prompt them to do it unless matketing decides to do a campaign to generate new apps.  I would just go for the CLI and if you don't agree with the results then recon them with the not using update information.  

Message 2 of 3
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Increase and soft pull question

Are you not getting an update on your FICO score with Amex? I get at least 1 update a month, some months 2. They do use that information, and more, for CLIs.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.