Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank Update.

tag
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Credit One Bank Update.

While I regrettably should have NEVER took an offer from them, they have my account messed up.

Called Thursday and was on hold for 3+ hours and no one answered.

Looked on their Facebook page and it was blown up with comments about the same thing.

Now..they have TOTALLY SHUT DOWN THEIR CALL CENTERS and online support.

You can't reach them via phone, email, Facebook, etc. They have completely closed all methods of support.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank Update.

Very sorry you have to go through this, especially in these timesSmiley Sad

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to run very very very far away from them!   I got rid of that card last month

Message 3 of 18
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You need to run very very very far away from them!   I got rid of that card last month

@Morehouse3000, I am right behind you, I need to close my account as well and now you can't even get through to them, they posted on the site that the COVID-19 crisis has impacted their call systems and they are unable to keep up with the call volume.  I keep a  0 balance and will just continue to do so, until they resurface. 

Hang in there. Sorry they messed up your account OP.

Message 4 of 18
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

While I regrettably should have NEVER took an offer from them, they have my account messed up.

Called Thursday and was on hold for 3+ hours and no one answered.

Looked on their Facebook page and it was blown up with comments about the same thing.

Now..they have TOTALLY SHUT DOWN THEIR CALL CENTERS and online support.

You can't reach them via phone, email, Facebook, etc. They have completely closed all methods of support.

I received an email from them today that stated all their call centers are SEVERELY impacted due to the virus and from the sound of the rest of the email it doesn't look good for anything to get better in the near future.

@Cleaningitup2016  if you are able can you state exactly how your account is messed up?  There may be other work-arounds available to get it back in order.

Message 5 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I understand the effect this virus is having on everyone and the banks but Shame on them for not being more professional and having  ways to communicate with their clientele  during emergencies.  Most banks are at least doing something.  They have no problems taking ones monet through exorbitant fees and what not but when crap hits the fan, nowhere to be seen.  SmhSmiley Sad

Message 6 of 18
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Update:

Credit One Bank posted at 3:30pm CST 3/25 that their call volume has been heavily impacted by Covid-19 and as a result have adjusted their hours from 5am to 7pm PST.

However, comments are already blowing up and as stated before, people are calling in at all hours from 5am to 7pm to PST, and are still getting the "our offices are closed, please call back during normal business hours" message.

No one is getting to a live agent, desite them (C1B) stating otherwise.

They are now literally lying to customers. That and telling people on social media to private message them, and never replying.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 7 of 18
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

You can always use snail mail. Type a nice letter and mail it to them. Check your last statement because usually written correspondence goes to a different address. Do Not mail a letter with your payment. Hope this helps, they have thirty days to reply after they recieve your letter.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 8 of 18
pt91978
Regular Contributor

Hey for those of you wanting to close the card or talk to a CSR, but cannot get through during this time.  Try calling their Las Vegas number (702) 269 -1000. I just called and closed my account 30 mins ago.  Logged onto my account mins later, and it asked me if I wanted to reinstate my account.  Thanks but no thanks, they already did their job.

Message 9 of 18
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@pt91978 wrote:

Hey for those of you wanting to close the card or talk to a CSR, but cannot get through during this time.  Try calling their Las Vegas number (702) 269 -1000. I just called and closed my account 30 mins ago.  Logged onto my account mins later, and it asked me if I wanted to reinstate my account.  Thanks but no thanks, they already did their job.

Sounds like it went real smooth for you. Good data to know for those contemplating closing their accounts during this time period.

I'm going to hold on to mines for a little while longer. Helping age and util.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.