Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank Update.

tag
pt91978
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank Update.

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

Sounds like it went real smooth for you. Good data to know for those contemplating closing their accounts during this time period.

I'm going to hold on to mines for a little while longer. Helping age and util.

Yup, not too much of a hassle for me.  She asked me why? I simply replied "I just want my account close.  Can you please close it?" Min later, my account is closed, and I thank her for making it so much easy.  Enjoy the rest of your day.  Bye!

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

ARE you kidding? Credit one bank credit card sold my account after I attempted to ask them to work with me because I had switched teaching districts and hadn't been paid in three months. And as I see when they sold my account it was to a lake partner company that they work with not necessarily a collection agency so they really sold it within their company so they really didn't sell it. I'd surely think they're defrauding a lot of their customers.The they refused to work with me and for months later I just chose to close my accounts. However they still tacked on so many fees and now want to take me to court however when they sold my account to a suspicious collection agency the proof they sent me I was still paying on it. Then they tried to report be late payments in balance to my credit and had the collection agency do the same thing. I had to dispute that. Now I'm going to court for both of my accounts however they don't have any payment history on my credit report, nor do they have the correct opening of my account date or closing of my account dates. So I hope you are completely sure that they are doing some really shady stuff. Because I'm going to call them and tell them basically to go somewhere. They have poor customer service and they are really there to boost their profit rather than rebuild people's credit. 

Message 12 of 18
atxtyson
Established Member

So I've really wanted to close my credit one and first premier accounts. How much will it hurt me?

I have 2 of each. each card ranges from 600-1000 CL. 

The first of the premier and credit one are about 30 months old.

The second cards for each are 16 months old. I wonder if it's actually hurting my credit score based on the average age of them?

i think they each charge about $6 a month. So I'm paying close to $300 a year for credit I don't use...  if I get rid of them, I only have my two Wells Fargo cards and Capital one.

My main wells fargo is 7 years old. The other is 30  months old. Capital one is 14 months old. Making my average account age 42. If i got rid of those other cards, it would be 31. Hm...

6/2018:
6/2019:
4/2020:
9/2022:

Current Cards

Message 13 of 18
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Crazy question, @Remedios@AllZero@M_Smart007,@Birdman7, @Anonymous; I thought I read that closed accounts still remain on your credit reports for 10 years, so in this case, wouldn't OP be cleared to close the stated accounts? 

Message 14 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It wont hurt to close unless it temporarily affects utilization. 

Closed accounts stay up to 10 years on CR, and contribute to AAoA entire time. 

Message 15 of 18
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

@Remedios, thank you for clarifying, as always! 

@Remedios wrote:

It wont hurt to close unless it temporarily affects utilization. 

Closed accounts stay up to 10 years on CR, and contribute to AAoA entire time. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

While I regrettably should have NEVER took an offer from them, they have my account messed up.

Called Thursday and was on hold for 3+ hours and no one answered.

Looked on their Facebook page and it was blown up with comments about the same thing.

Now..they have TOTALLY SHUT DOWN THEIR CALL CENTERS and online support.

You can't reach them via phone, email, Facebook, etc. They have completely closed all methods of support.

We have 4 cards with Credit One.  We decided to stop using our cards and keep paying on them to build up our available credit for Christmas shopping.  Well, it's been 6 months and our available credit is the same or less than when we started.  A couple of times it went the negative and for that they dropped my credit limit. Again we have not used any of these cards in 6 months.  They are charging interest on purchases we have not made. Sometimes as much as $32.  And there is zero customer service to complain too or even answer the phone. Not even email. What kind of world wide company doesn't have email? This is so frustrating. Is there anything that can be done about this other legal actions? A lawsuit would cost more than my credit card bill and they probably know that. What else can be done about this?

Message 17 of 18
pt91978
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

While I regrettably should have NEVER took an offer from them, they have my account messed up.

Called Thursday and was on hold for 3+ hours and no one answered.

Looked on their Facebook page and it was blown up with comments about the same thing.

Now..they have TOTALLY SHUT DOWN THEIR CALL CENTERS and online support.

You can't reach them via phone, email, Facebook, etc. They have completely closed all methods of support.

We have 4 cards with Credit One.  We decided to stop using our cards and keep paying on them to build up our available credit for Christmas shopping.  Well, it's been 6 months and our available credit is the same or less than when we started.  A couple of times it went the negative and for that they dropped my credit limit. Again we have not used any of these cards in 6 months.  They are charging interest on purchases we have not made. Sometimes as much as $32.  And there is zero customer service to complain too or even answer the phone. Not even email. What kind of world wide company doesn't have email? This is so frustrating. Is there anything that can be done about this other legal actions? A lawsuit would cost more than my credit card bill and they probably know that. What else can be done about this?

Sorry to hear about situation w them @Anonymous .   Have you tried their Las Vegas # (702) 269 - 1000.  I couldn't get in touch w anyone back in April or May calling # on the back of the card.  But I called that Vegas number and was able to talk to a live person and closed my account w them.  GL and wishing you the best.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.