Did you mean: 

Credit One Cancellation Fail

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit One Cancellation Fail

@Remedios wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

I just dumped 2 of my bottom feeders, next gen first digital and applied bank visa. i dumped ngfd last month and it took a few calls to get the job done but i have an official cancellation letter from them. i just closed applied a few days ago and they promised  me the letter in 7-10 days. august i plan to close reflex.

when you call them you need to write the date and time and

name and id number of csr

verification you owe zero

request written proof account was closed

Could you please refrain from calling anything "bottom feeder"

While you are referring to a lender/card, for many those are still necessary evil and referring to anything they might need at the moment as "bottom feeder" really doesn't help at all. 

I'm sure you wouldn't want cards you have referred to via names that would make you feel less than others. 

Many of around these here parts have had the need for Credit One.  There was a point in my life when I had them in my wallet and it was at a time when I was less educated about this stuff and they were willing to give me a card with a limit (and a fee) when no one else would.

So while they may not be ideal for some in the long game, they still have a place in this space.

Message 11 of 16
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

@Loquat well said

Message 12 of 16
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Loquat

Well said, and I agree !

Message 13 of 16
surferchris
Valued Contributor

This is just my two cents:

One of my older accounts is Fingerhut and once a year I buy something just to keep it open. Also have Credit One.

Just some DP's: household income of at least $500,000 this year and a handful of prime cards. Next year my personal spend will put me in line for Amex black, with about three times income of this year.

However,  I have also only made less than $36,000 a year for many years and struggled to get ahead financially.  And during those times when we lived paycheck to paycheck, with bad credit, Amex and Chase credit cards were nowhere to be found, both canceled us.  Heck, one time we were on our last $1,000 of savings and Chase bank gave it to the IRS...lol and then charged a fee for doing so and closed our checking account. It was reported to Chexsystems which prevented us from getting another account. 

I have had good credit then bad credit then good credit then bad credit and now good credit again (for the third time).  Most people in our country are going to have this same situation multiple times in their lives due to globalization, etc.  It is thus far better to have some low end cards that you stick with just in case you are one of those people.  You might not be, but I also never thought I would be in that situation. 

Bottom line, if I ever lose my income and have no credit again, Credit One and Fingerhut will still be there when Amex most likely won't. I am humble and accept anything that someone is gracious enough to give me and my family, including $300 Credit One, $1,500 Credit One and $500 Fingerhut credit cards.

Again, just my two cents...

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 14 of 16
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@surferchris wrote:

This is just my two cents:

One of my older accounts is Fingerhut and once a year I buy something just to keep it open. Also have Credit One.

Just some DP's: household income of at least $500,000 this year and a handful of prime cards. Next year my personal spend will put me in line for Amex black, with about three times income of this year.

However,  I have also only made less than $36,000 a year for many years and struggled to get ahead financially.  And during those times when we lived paycheck to paycheck, with bad credit, Amex and Chase credit cards were nowhere to be found, both canceled us.  Heck, one time we were on our last $1,000 of savings and Chase bank gave it to the IRS...lol and then charged a fee for doing so and closed our checking account. It was reported to Chexsystems which prevented us from getting another account. 

I have had good credit then bad credit then good credit then bad credit and now good credit again (for the third time).  Most people in our country are going to have this same situation multiple times in their lives due to globalization, etc.  It is thus far better to have some low end cards that you stick with just in case you are one of those people.  You might not be, but I also never thought I would be in that situation. 

Bottom line, if I ever lose my income and have no credit again, Credit One and Fingerhut will still be there when Amex most likely won't. I am humble and accept anything that someone is gracious enough to give me and my family, including $300 Credit One, $1,500 Credit One and $500 Fingerhut credit cards.

Again, just my two cents...

Very well said. 

Message 15 of 16
torry590
Regular Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

I just dumped 2 of my bottom feeders, next gen first digital and applied bank visa. i dumped ngfd last month and it took a few calls to get the job done but i have an official cancellation letter from them. i just closed applied a few days ago and they promised  me the letter in 7-10 days. august i plan to close reflex.

when you call them you need to write the date and time and

name and id number of csr

verification you owe zero

request written proof account was closed

Could you please refrain from calling anything "bottom feeder"

While you are referring to a lender/card, for many those are still necessary evil and referring to anything they might need at the moment as "bottom feeder" really doesn't help at all. 

I'm sure you wouldn't want cards you have referred to via names that would make you feel less than others. 

Many of around these here parts have had the need for Credit One.  There was a point in my life when I had them in my wallet and it was at a time when I was less educated about this stuff and they were willing to give me a card with a limit (and a fee) when no one else would.

So while they may not be ideal for some in the long game, they still have a place in this space.

Agreed! This card was one of my stepping stones. A price I was willing to pay, and it paid off. These cards are necessary for some and do serve a good purpose in those cases. 

Anyway, I'll keep trucking along for 6 more months with this card. Plus all my calls are recorded, I have the email, and when time comes to cancel I'll request in writing and the call will be recorded. 

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.