Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One annual fee

tag
ShyOyster
New Visitor

Re: Credit One annual fee

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! You make some solid points. The 5% on six categories is nice, but the low cap and annual fee hassle could be a dealbreaker for many. You're right—some people prefer no-annual-fee cards with higher limits and less fuss, especially from mainstream issuers. It’s all about finding the right balance for your spending habits! 

CredibleBH

Message 11 of 15
MissLiz
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Credit One success!

“A woman’s best protection is a little money of her own.” – Clare Boothe Luce
Message 12 of 15
911gt34life
Established Contributor

I was doing this need call every 6 month to wave fee but close it ..

>
Message 13 of 15
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

At the end of the day, its still Credit One! You should just keep it for 1 year to help you build credit history. Close it when you can!

Message 14 of 15
Scottisthename
New Contributor

Another take and opinion. If a card has years of history, an ever increasing limit, a grace period, rewards etc. I see no reason to close it.

Credit One on a bureau isn't a negative a credit card trade line is a trade. Sure for some the cash advance checks and offers to increase credit limit for a fee is annoying I have never done either and have $4,700 in credit limits  from a bank that's doesn't take adverse action for new accounts, inquiries etc I see no reason to close them. 

until such time as they no longer provide me benefits I'll keep them in my 36 card pile which was made smaller after Synchrony killed 11 of my trade lines.

@CYBERSAM wrote:

At the end of the day, its still Credit One! You should just keep it for 1 year to help you build credit history. Close it when you can!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.