Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union Credit Line Increases?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Union Credit Line Increases?

Hi all!

Question for you all, how do credit unions treat credit line increases? for example, do they even increase or are you stuck with limit ? if they do increase typically how long do you have to wait to ask for increase? If anyone has some advice on my CU's below and if any experience getting CU increases would love to hear! 

1. Logix CU Platinum Rewards (15k) since July 2018 ( perfect history, low balance, 20 year CU member)

2. Los Angeles Federal CU Platinum (5K) since July 2018 (perfect history, low balance, have paid off loans with them)

3. Alliant CU Platinum (5K) since July 2018 (perfect history low balance)

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Union Credit Line Increases?

Credit unions generally will increase credit limits but they almost all want a hard pull to do so. 

Best option is to call and find out the CU policy for the timelines but 6 months is usually somewhat safe to ask for one. A year definitely. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Each credit union/financial institution has it's own way of doing things.

I have FedEx credit union and they are NOT generous. I also have Navy credit union and they are known to be generous.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Each credit union/financial institution has it's own way of doing things.

Agreed.

NFCU bumped one CC from 7.8K to 17.8K within 7 months of issue & another CC 20K to 25K within 4 months;

RBFCU increased CL from 8K to 20K within 4 months;

Penfed prefers my CL remain forever at 2K;

Alliant would rather I deal with another FCU entirely. 

Message 4 of 5
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Each CU has their own style of lending. The only thing consistent is that they like to follow reporting rules and make all new credit an HP including CLI's unless there is a grace period or special promotion.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.