Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit line decrease COMENITY

tag
notyours
Contributor

Credit line decrease COMENITY

not enough balance paid down over time on real estate secured loans.

This wasowas of the excuses used to decrease 2 of my credit lines.

I have never been late. one of the accounts was just paid off but the other line was dropped down to basically what I owe so my utilization looks horrible.

What does it even mean?

I have a mortgage it's less than half of what my house is worth and I have never made a late payment. 

Basically they are saying we don't care you have had this card 13 years and never ever paid late.. we are going to decrease your credit and basically make your score drop.

Who can I even call for reconsideration? 

GW success 30 day late removed from 2 store accounts.
waiting on Citibank SL GW response --
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit line decrease COMENITY

It was simply an excuse for the CLD.  Short of any other credit profile changes (score decrease, new accounts, utilization increase), they just were not comfortable with the risk. I'm assuming you were revolving at least a moderate amount on one of the cards?  To be honest, revolving much of any balanace with the store card lenders (Comenity and Sync, namely) is playing with Fire currently. 

You could call Comenity for a recon, but I wouldn't expect any positive results. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.