Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one combining limits

tag
JBB529
New Contributor

Credit one combining limits

I'm in the process of rebuilding and I current have 2 credit one cards, each with an $800 limit. Before I call and waste my time, does anyone know if they will combine limits?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit one combining limits

@JBB529 wrote:

I'm in the process of rebuilding and I current have 2 credit one cards, each with an $800 limit. Before I call and waste my time, does anyone know if they will combine limits?

@JBB529   I am not sure about credit one, you might call and see?

Message 2 of 12
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@JBB529 wrote:

It depends on which two cards you have.

Are they both Visa cards...or is one the Amex?

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 3 of 12
JBB529
New Contributor

They're both visa platinums.

Message 4 of 12
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@JBB529 wrote:

They're both visa platinums.

If one is the Platinum Rewards Visa (red card, 5% bucketed rewards, $95 AF), I'd call and see if they would combine the limits and keep that card.

If they're both the blue card, I'd ask if they will PC to the red.

If they're both reds, you're pretty much stuck with them.

FYI regarding the Amex, they don't PC to it. According to the CSR, they offer it to you after a bit of time with the Visa cards.

Hope this helps!

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
JBB529
New Contributor

Helps a ton, thank you. I'll call and post an update in the next couple days. 

Message 6 of 12
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@JBB529 wrote:

Helps a ton, thank you. I'll call and post an update in the next couple days. 

It's my pleasure.

Just remember, credit cards are very much YMMV...meaning that what was true for one CC user isn't gospel for all others. Credit card companies are an odd bunch with this economy. Don't be surprised if they give you the famous "not at this time" standardized line.

Hope for the best, but prepare for something less Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

This is really first time ive read about someone trying  to combine 2 credit one cards. Good luck . I would concentrate more on achieving next level of credit card so you can ditch them. Sometimes asking too much from Credit One is risking double the troubleSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 12
missji
Regular Contributor

No, they will not. I called them about this two weeks ago. I have a card with a $1,350 limit. Logged in to my account and saw preapproval for a second card with an $800 limit so I called and asked for the $800 to be a CLI on the card I have. The rep said point blank that they do not combine limits. I was like oh so instead you guys just like to screw with AAoA?

Gardening as of June 2020. No activity until January 2023 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Scores (6/30/2020): EQ 640 | EX 660 | TU 658
Current Scores (05/22/2021): EQ 678 | EX 714 | TU 689
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 12
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@missji wrote:

No, they will not. I called them about this two weeks ago. I have a card with a $1,350 limit. Logged in to my account and saw preapproval for a second card with an $800 limit so I called and asked for the $800 to be a CLI on the card I have. The rep said point blank that they do not combine limits. I was like oh so instead you guys just like to screw with AAoA?

They will absolutely combine certain cards/limits. A family member asked for this and received not just the Platinum Rewards Red for the two blues, but an overall limit of $2,500.

Granted, the $95 AF isn't the best, but you can rack up some decent rewards with the 5% bucket/1% other cash back on the card.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.