Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one

tag
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

Credit one

So is credit on the only credit card in the world with no grace period? Or did I read the account disclosures wrong? I don't really care since it's a SD card anyway, but just thought it was odd I paid interest when I paid off the card fees 2 days after I got it.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit one

No they are not the only ones, just the ones who are famous for it.

Message 2 of 12
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

They earned themselves a deep dark corner of my sock drawer.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One is the worst of the worst.  Got one when rebuilding after BK.   Never really used it much then......never use it now.  They charge me $9 per month for non usage and probably will charge me that even if I do use it.   Scared to get rid of it for fear it will lower the age of my credit.  Wish I had never applied for it but I was desperate for a credit card.

Message 4 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It stays on your credit for up to 10 years after you close it.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit One is the worst of the worst.  Got one when rebuilding after BK.   Never really used it much then......never use it now.  They charge me $9 per month for non usage and probably will charge me that even if I do use it.   Scared to get rid of it for fear it will lower the age of my credit.  Wish I had never applied for it but I was desperate for a credit card.

I would get rid of that Credit One card immediately and save yourself $9 a month. You got plenty of good cards now. It won't affect your age of credit, it will remain on your credit report for 10 years. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

So is credit on the only credit card in the world with no grace period? Or did I read the account disclosures wrong? I don't really care since it's a SD card anyway, but just thought it was odd I paid interest when I paid off the card fees 2 days after I got it.

Hopefully, they are not charging you a monthly fee. I would get rid of it ASAP! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 12
Tomatoshadow2
New Contributor

It's always a bummer when I hear someone has to deal with Credit One.

Message 8 of 12
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Close that card and save yourself $9/mo!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@STEVE891.....Amen brother I will!!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.