Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Rewards Credit Card question

tag
shmacckk
Regular Contributor

DCU Rewards Credit Card question

Can someone who has this credit card tell me what the actual rewards it offers is? I do not know if I am looking in the right place but I can not find anywhere on the website where is explains how many points and on what catagories of spend reward them.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Re: DCU Rewards Credit Card question

They offer gft cards and merchandise aas the rewards. All the gift cards I saw require a $100 minimum redemption, which means you need to spend $10,000 to be able to redeem any of the rewards. There is not a cash back option, although you can get Visa gift cards.

I would use another card for getting rewards. This card is useful mainly for fee-free balance transfers and cash advances, obviously, just in an emergency. 

Message 2 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I don't exactly know. Maybe check out this link? https://www.dreampoints.com/dcurewards/faqs.php

Message 3 of 7
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Here are a couple of examples. I guess you can get a $25 Chili's gift card for 3,000 points.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 8.58.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 8.59.09 PM.png

Message 4 of 7
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

I don't have DCU CC, but I like one. However their existing Reward structure is old and outdated, just like the design of the card 😒

Hopefully they make a conventional reward card in near future.

Message 5 of 7
creditfan
Established Contributor

I just got my reward card 11.25% converted to low rate card 8.5%

their reward card is meh compare to the others

Message 6 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

The only DCU card I'd recommend is the Platinum. The APR can be as low as 8.50, which can be beat with some CU Platinum as low as 5.99%.

The Platinum however is good for carrying BT, or when carrying balance briefly. They often have special BT promo offers at the beginning of year.

If you want rewards, definitely consider other options. Gift card redemption is an awful value compared with the spend requirement.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.