Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU membership decline !!

tag
TrishN
Established Contributor

DCU membership decline !!

My brother was approved for DCU CC and auto loan, after he revived email that they need proof of income,utility bill and copy SSN and driver license, he sent all document they need. We called in to make sure they received it. They did !! 3 days later we called in they told him membership has been decline, it funny about DCU, no check system no collection in his credit report, and they said he will receive a letter to let him know about decline membership.

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU membership decline !!

I'm interested in hearing what happened.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sorry to hear. The letter will probably say unable to verify identity -DCU is a good CU but they have denied several members for that reason even though documents were provided. Their is no recon on a denial for membership. Unfortunately, your DB wasted a HP for cc/auto. It has strongly been suggested to obtain membership first then app for their cc/auto.
Message 3 of 8
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Sorry to hear. The letter will probably say unable to verify identity -DCU is a good CU but they have denied several members for that reason even though documents were provided. Their is no recon on a denial for membership. Unfortunately, your DB wasted a HP for cc/auto. It has strongly been suggested to obtain membership first then app for their cc/auto.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They really need to do something about this HUGE problem. Not everything is black and white. I understand they have their own policies and procedures; however, sometimes, using common sense is the best solution. I was a member for over a year and they closed my account because I never used it. Maybe sometime in the near future, I'll apply again. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@TATATA

That almost happened to my DD. they sent her a postcard with a 'we miss you' slogan and offered her $20 if she would just call them. She did. Got her $20 while on the phone and her acct is still open.

BoA is still her primary acct.
Message 5 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TrishN wrote:

My brother was approved for DCU CC and auto loan, after he revived email that they need proof of income,utility bill and copy SSN and driver license, he sent all document they need. We called in to make sure they received it. They did !! 3 days later we called in they told him membership has been decline, it funny about DCU, no check system no collection in his credit report, and they said he will receive a letter to let him know about decline membership.

Sorry to hear 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear about the denial. I have not had any contact with DCU but I have been members of other CU's. Most recently, I became a member of NFCU. When they requested a copy of my ID, I sent them a copy of every ID I had just so something like this wouldn't happen. Sadly, it did happen to you and it is most likely of no fault of your own. 

Message 7 of 8
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@TATATA

That almost happened to my DD. they sent her a postcard with a 'we miss you' slogan and offered her $20 if she would just call them. She did. Got her $20 while on the phone and her acct is still open.

BoA is still her primary acct.

I don't remember getting anything from them before closing my account. Maybe I did...just never paid attention. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.