Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Target Red Card :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Target Red Card :(

Hey guys first time poster here, and currently rebuilding my credit.  I recently applied for a Target Red Card online, received the 7-10 day message, and now just received a letter at my house indicating that I was denied because they were unable to verify my phone number, and the number that I provided was a cell phone number.  Anyone else ever get this type of response?  Any success in getting them to reconsider?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied Target Red Card :(

I would call them up and talk to them.

Message 2 of 7
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

progressivehouse wrote:
Hey guys first time poster here, and currently rebuilding my credit.  I recently applied for a Target Red Card online, received the 7-10 day message, and now just received a letter at my house indicating that I was denied because they were unable to verify my phone number, and the number that I provided was a cell phone number.  Anyone else ever get this type of response?  Any success in getting them to reconsider?

Call them. Mobile telephone numbers cannot be confirmed.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them quickly.  There's a window (I can't remember how long) and then they won't be able to do anything and you'd have to apply again. 
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

same thing happend to me..got the 7 to 10 day message..i called asap and they approved on the spot for a whopping $200 CL
i would call quick fast and in a hurry Smiley Surprised
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Smiley Happy

So after calling Target several times and talking to a couple of different people, I finally got some one on the phone that could help me.  You guys were right!  They just asked me a couple of verification questions, and told me that I was approved and should be receiving my card in 7-10 days.  Whoo-hoo!  Thanks again!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you, ProgressiveHouse. But a word of advice, watch out for that red card. Their APRs are usually pretty high, and they're kind of stingy with their CL's. Yours will probably start off at $200 and a few months later be raised to $500. Keep that util ratio down (it is EASY to go bookoo bananas in Target. I mean, they literally have EVERYTHING... lol.)

Congrats!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.