cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone see this? Ritz now marketed as Visa Infinite?

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Did anyone see this? Ritz now marketed as Visa Infinite?

^ I'm with you on that one my friend... It's worth the AF simply because the extra night. And I don't know what infinite means either but it does sound pretty cool!
Message 41 of 184
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I can see three free nights being something to look into but since it's not available to current cardholders or cardholders who received a sign up bonus in the last 24 months, are people really going to go nuts for infinite status when it's not even clear what chase will require for infinite status?

To me it's like when they show signature cards but send you a platinum because you didn't make the threshold for signature. It will be interesting to see how many disappointed people receive signature cards after apping. I wonder how many people in the real world ( outside of this forum) get excited about such things.
Message 42 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Ritz card last week. No 15k limit, but I'll pass on it, I could move limits from other Chase cards but I am happy with it as is. If they eventually do like they did with "Signature Visa" which was to lower the CL threshold and up the annual fee, I'll probably give it up and see what I can transfer to. I don't travel enough to justify the increase in AF and spend. Hopefully they will keep it as two cards, but I have my doubts. 

Message 43 of 184
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@delaney1 wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:
Missingcalifornia, I agree.
If I had an expense coming, I would be all over it, but I base my future minimum spending requirements on whether I can easily make it with normal life bills. I.e.: groceries, utilities, gas, coffee etc.
That being said; my DW just made your point by texting me an estimate from the dentist for my sons braces😒.
I can make the 5k minimum in 3.2 seconds now😂

Smiley Very Happy  That is hilarious! DD needs braces, not looking forward to that.

$5400. $4700 if I pay cashSmiley Sad

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 44 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone >5/24 been approved? Shocked at the lack of DPs on this

@Anonymous wrote:
Last time I checked, this card is not part of 5/24 rules.

The origianl ritz is not 5/24.  But I am curious about actual approvals on the new one.

Message 45 of 184
elim
Senior Contributor

The AF went from $33 per month to $37.50 per month.  Still well worth the card if you travel and stay at Marriott regularly. If you and a guest stay at Marriott 2 nights a month, you pay for the AF in breakfast alone (not to mention the long list of refunds, upgrades, and benefits).  I don't know or care about "Visa Infinite" but that's probably just because I'm far enough along in my rebuild that I'm more cautious than curious.  At 27k+ with Chase, I could swing the 15k min requirement if it turns out to be useful to us.  This card may not be for everyone but I would still love and use the card as a plat.    :]

$300 Travel credit

$100 Hotel credit

$100 Ticket credit (infinite)

-$450 AF

+$50

Message 46 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

@delaney1 wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:
Missingcalifornia, I agree.
If I had an expense coming, I would be all over it, but I base my future minimum spending requirements on whether I can easily make it with normal life bills. I.e.: groceries, utilities, gas, coffee etc.
That being said; my DW just made your point by texting me an estimate from the dentist for my sons braces😒.
I can make the 5k minimum in 3.2 seconds now😂

Smiley Very Happy  That is hilarious! DD needs braces, not looking forward to that.

$5400. $4700 if I pay cashSmiley Sad

There goes your minimum spend right there. Those straight and shiny teeth will be well worth it.

Message 47 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sandman2435 wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:
I should have waited for this deal. Smiley Sad who wouldn't want this card now! I wonder if anyone can upgrade their accounts?

Yes I just read on Reddit that you can upgrade your Ritz Carlton Sig to the Infinite,But you have to have a min of $15K credit limit,You can maybe moved credit lines from other chase chase accounts to upgrade

Good to know!!!

Message 48 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Assume all existing cardholders with a 15k+ CL will be forced and upgraded to the infinite account?  I guess when my AF comes up it will be 450 vs. 395 or whatever it was last year.  I meet the 15k+ threshold on mine.  Sure there will be an influx of applications as others stated just to have something others don't have.

This will be interesting to see. I paid this month my AF $350 so I guess these changes will take effective next renewal date. 

Lucky you!!!I've had my eye on this card.... now I wish I had applied before this change in the annual fee....Smiley Sad

Message 49 of 184
Open123
Super Contributor

I really DIDN'T care about Visa Sig, Sig Preferred or whatever and doubt I'd really care about Infinite, unless there were benefits I'm not aware of (which could certainly be the case).

In my view, the value of the Ritz card is primarily for the Airline credit and Ritz stays with club upgrades.  While there's nothing wrong with having this card for general purposes, the value proposition is much less without using it at the hotel.  Oh, and Marriott Gold ($10K thereafter) is nice, since I'd never be able to meet the 50 night requirement.

Message 50 of 184
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.