Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dillards Amex CLI DECLINED

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Dillards Amex CLI DECLINED

I don't know what they want from me, have had this car for year and half and have got one $200 CLI, I have charged over $10,000 on the card with my measly $2400 limit.  Every time I request they say I have not shown I can handle current CL, ARE YOU KIDDING ME GE!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Dillards Amex CLI DECLINED

@Creditaddict wrote:
I don't know what they want from me, have had this car for year and half and have got one $200 CLI, I have charged over $10,000 on the card with my measly $2400 limit.  Every time I request they say I have not shown I can handle current CL, ARE YOU KIDDING ME GE!

Do they mean the CL on THIS card? I'm assuming you're dealing with Dillards here, and not AmEx, right?

Do you have any cards that are maxed out or anything else they may not like? Do you have a lot of inquiries? Have they sent you a letter telling you anything else?

It seems there must be something else underlying this.

Message 2 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes the Dillards card is backed by GE. CLI are based on account history not credit.
Message 3 of 18
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Have you ever tried asking them exactly what it is they want to see? What you may be doing "wrong"?

Sure doesn't seem as if you're doing anything wrong...

Message 4 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I don't think anyone has ever figured out exactly what GEMB is looking for. They are inscrutable.
Message 5 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:

i get the same response from GEMB if i don't wait at least four months between requests.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I wait 6 months!
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

i get the same response from GEMB if i don't wait at least four months between requests.

IME, GEMB isn't consistent on all accounts.  I believe, based upon my experience, that the store they are backing has some factor in how they handle CL's and CLI's.

For example:  My first GEMB account was Roos to Go and I aked for $7500 CL and they gave me $6500.  But on Care Credit, app'ed a couple months later I asked for $12,500 and was instant approved....next day they gave me a CLI to $14,000.

But, on JCPenney they gave me $350 CL and pulled TU where the others had been EQ.  After 4 months they did give me a $1500 CLI, but in comparison to my other two GEMB accounts...very low and Rooms was less than half of what Care Credit was.

I do know that when a bank or CCC offers a store card, there are "recourse" and "non-recourse" accounts.  The store can get a better deal on merchant discounts and other costs if they agree to the "recourse" type of account, which means if you default the finance company can come back on the store for recovery.  If this is the case, then the store may elect a "more conservative" type account with the CCC.

Message 8 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Creditaddict, when you got the card did you get the dillards amex or did you get the store card and then later upgraded to dillards amex? I have a store card. Do you think they will upgrade to amex some time in the future?
Message 9 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

We started with the Dillards American Express, but originally applied online and I think we would have gotten better CL if applied in store.  Not sure what you have to do to qualify for the upgrade to the Amex card.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.