Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club and closing accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners Club and closing accounts

@victornewman wrote:

I do not have high hopes for my Elite DC.  I have been credited rewards for all of my Premier purchases but nothing for my Elite.  There is not even a rewards link on my Elite account page. So far, that $300 AF I paid is not paying off for me.  I probably should call them (And I will eventually) but I know there is a pretty good chance that I will get a hold of someone who knows absolutely nothing about nothing.

That's bizarre.  All my rewards for the Elite have posted.  Weird company as they have more screw ups than anyone could have imagined.

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zelaya wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When and if they reopen applications I'm still going to apply for second card.  I don't think any of them know what it is going to happen for sure.

What's the advantage on carrying two DC and paying more AF.  Having said that having that card is on my bucket list but I don't think they're BK friendly so I just move on.

Really no great advantage.  I'll hopefully just be able to combine the two cards into one limit as that would seem to be more feasible than a CLI but who knows if they would even allow that.

Message 12 of 30
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Zelaya wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When and if they reopen applications I'm still going to apply for second card.  I don't think any of them know what it is going to happen for sure.

What's the advantage on carrying two DC and paying more AF.  Having said that having that card is on my bucket list but I don't think they're BK friendly so I just move on.

Really no great advantage.  I'll hopefully just be able to combine the two cards into one limit as that would seem to be more feasible than a CLI but who knows if they would even allow that.

I think someone asked them about that already and also about a BT and they said no. I'd like to get the Elite for the 3X

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Zelaya wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think someone asked them about that already and also about a BT and they said no. I'd like to get the Elite for the 3X

No reason for me to have this thing then. This seals it, Lol.

Message 14 of 30
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

@victornewman wrote:

I do not have high hopes for my Elite DC.  I have been credited rewards for all of my Premier purchases but nothing for my Elite.  There is not even a rewards link on my Elite account page. So far, that $300 AF I paid is not paying off for me.  I probably should call them (And I will eventually) but I know there is a pretty good chance that I will get a hold of someone who knows absolutely nothing about nothing.

I thought I was the only one. I called about this 2 weeks ago and they are flabergasted. Keep calling me every other day to tell me they have escalated my problem to someone higher, and no one knows why I have no link for my rewards for elite, but do for premier

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 15 of 30
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I can see the rewards for my Elite. I think it will still be a while before they open applications again. I also wouldn't get too concerned over what anyone tells you on the phone because it appears they don't have it all sorted out yet and things will likely change as they figure out what they want to do.

Message 16 of 30
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@manyquestions wrote:

I can see the rewards for my Elite. I think it will still be a while before they open applications again. I also wouldn't get too concerned over what anyone tells you on the phone because it appears they don't have it all sorted out yet and things will likely change as they figure out what they want to do.

I dont see a link for my premier card

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 17 of 30
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 I'm waiting to jump on elite. Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 I'm waiting to jump on elite. Smiley Very Happy

That's if they decide to reopen the floodgates after Jan 1st.

Message 19 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@manyquestions wrote:

My rewards are accessible for both Premier and Elite - no issues so far (thankfully) when taking the DC "twins" out to play.  And I would agree that there's still plenty of lingering and outstanding issues that haven't been resolved yet.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.