cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco Data Points: How long after a statement did your card unsecure?

Valued Contributor

Re: Disco Data Points: How long after a statement did your card unsecure?

And this morning it shows up in my account. Smiley Happy


TU FICO 8: 750 (5/18) — Ex FICO 8: 751 (6/18)
Message 11 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Disco Data Points: How long after a statement did your card unsecure?

I had to call them last night about a pending charge so I asked about graduation and was told mine has been being checked monthly since October when they started the 7 month checking (Pre high UTIL) and that is has not graduated and likely won’t for awhile but she could not tell me why. All she kept saying is that they look at the whole credit picture and that I should call the CRA’s to find out what is on my credit. But, I have my CRA reports and I have had nothing bad in almost 4 years. I can only assume its and old baddie they really don’t like but I only have one CO (DOFD 4-2010) and its only on EQF. The rest is just late payments.  So, in light of that I am going to SD this and stop babying that $200 CL and let it either age to death or graduate with zero usage. Its only $200 so it won’t have an effect on my tcl or util so no loss. I was hoping it would graduate but they see something they don’t like and I am at a loss so I am going to move on to other things. Chase is being nice to me now so I will cultivate their account and hope it grows. 


Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 12 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Disco Data Points: How long after a statement did your card unsecure?

Gah! I just went over my reports and found Disco has been pulling EQF for me. No wonder it won't graduate. EQF has the most lates and what have you on it. They are still showing stuff from 2010-2011. I think it is funny how their score within your account is TU, the scoreboard is EXP and what thay actually look at is EQF. lol. 


Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 13 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: Disco Data Points: How long after a statement did your card unsecure?


GrasshopperStudent wrote:

And this morning it shows up in my account. Smiley Happy


Congrats. My 7th just cut too, and I was also curious how long it would take afterwards to know if I'd graduated. I think I'm a good candidate to graduate early (714 FICO per their score and 0-1% UTL across all cards for 3-4 straight months now), but we'll see. Not looking like I'll make it this time around unless it regularly takes more than a couple of days.

CapOne Secured ($500), Discover It ($1600), BOA Cash Rewards Secured ($500), Amazon Store Card ($2700), Chase Freedom ($6000), Citi DC ($3200), AMEX BCE ($3000), Chase Amazon Visa ($2000)
Message 14 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Disco Data Points: How long after a statement did your card unsecure?


MyLoFICO wrote:

Gah! I just went over my reports and found Disco has been pulling EQF for me. No wonder it won't graduate. EQF has the most lates and what have you on it. They are still showing stuff from 2010-2011. I think it is funny how their score within your account is TU, the scoreboard is EXP and what thay actually look at is EQF. lol. 


Interesting that they'd pull EQ... If they're from 2010 they'll start falling off this year, right? Keep getting your util down (I've been at 1% lately) and you'll get there.


TU FICO 8: 750 (5/18) — Ex FICO 8: 751 (6/18)
Message 15 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Disco Data Points: How long after a statement did your card unsecure?


PapasChileHuevos wrote:

GrasshopperStudent wrote:

And this morning it shows up in my account. Smiley Happy


Congrats. My 7th just cut too, and I was also curious how long it would take afterwards to know if I'd graduated. I think I'm a good candidate to graduate early (714 FICO per their score and 0-1% UTL across all cards for 3-4 straight months now), but we'll see. Not looking like I'll make it this time around unless it regularly takes more than a couple of days.


I doesn't hurt to hit up the chat!


TU FICO 8: 750 (5/18) — Ex FICO 8: 751 (6/18)
Message 16 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Disco Data Points: How long after a statement did your card unsecure?


MyLoFICO wrote:

Gah! I just went over my reports and found Disco has been pulling EQF for me. No wonder it won't graduate. EQF has the most lates and what have you on it. They are still showing stuff from 2010-2011. I think it is funny how their score within your account is TU, the scoreboard is EXP and what thay actually look at is EQF. lol. 


A current lender can access any CRA as part of the credit agreement.  

 

Anyway, time to get the Spic 'N Span out and scrub EQ until they wear off!  

 

When they do convert they tend to use the TU info on your account online.  Some say they get SP'd on the others but, the insuff time letters always listed TU and the TU score from the prev month for me when I was hitting the button weekly.  Disco will give you the clues to what's up and why.... They won't let you shoot yourself in the foot either if you decide to request a HP CLI if that's not the issue.  

 

Keep your head up and things will work out eventually Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 18
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Disco Data Points: How long after a statement did your card unsecure?


GrasshopperStudent wrote:

PapasChileHuevos wrote:

GrasshopperStudent wrote:

And this morning it shows up in my account. Smiley Happy


Congrats. My 7th just cut too, and I was also curious how long it would take afterwards to know if I'd graduated. I think I'm a good candidate to graduate early (714 FICO per their score and 0-1% UTL across all cards for 3-4 straight months now), but we'll see. Not looking like I'll make it this time around unless it regularly takes more than a couple of days.


I doesn't hurt to hit up the chat!


Doesn't hurt, but no dice this time. Agent said it was all automatic. I don't care that much if it graduates early. I've got a couple of other cards that I like just as much with more usable limits (which, from what I hear about Discover, may not work in my favor for early graduation).

 

Whatever floats their magic algorithim's boat though. If they want to graduate me, I'll use the card pretty heavily. If they don't, I'll just keep only using it for 5% bonus spending up to the $1500, and sending most of my business to Citi and Chase.

CapOne Secured ($500), Discover It ($1600), BOA Cash Rewards Secured ($500), Amazon Store Card ($2700), Chase Freedom ($6000), Citi DC ($3200), AMEX BCE ($3000), Chase Amazon Visa ($2000)
Message 18 of 18