Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover $200 Offer

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Re: Discover $200 Offer

Thank you for signing up for our exclusive promotional Cashback Bonus® offer. We are happy that you have decided to shift your spending to Discover® card and want to confirm the details of your offer.

You will earn $200 Cashback Bonus after you make a total of at least $1,500 in purchases each calendar month from 8/1/14 to 12/31/14 with your Discover card. These transactions must be made by the last day of each calendar month. Discover is not responsible for merchant delays in processing transactions. If you do not reach $1,500 in purchases in each of those months, make a return that brings the monthly amount spent below $1,500, or convert to a Miles reward program, you no longer qualify to participate in this offer and will no longer be able to earn $200 Cashback Bonus.* You will, however, continue to earn Cashback Bonus on every single purchase automatically.

To take advantage of this great offer, use your Discover card for all your purchases such as groceries and gasoline, restaurants and retail stores, as well as monthly bills like cell phone, internet and cable. You can track your progress towards your extraCashback Bonus by visiting  

Make Discover your primary credit card and take your Cashback Bonus to the next level! Thank you for being a loyal Discover Cardmember.

Sincerely,

Discover Card Customer Service

*International transactions qualify towards the purchase requirement. Balance Transfers, Cash Advances, and Cash Over transactions do not count towards the purchase requirement. If you have another Discover card account, only purchases on the account specified in this invitation are eligible for this offer. 

Message 21 of 23
Open123
Super Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

+1  Too much spend and too LONG of a time frame for $200.  The Amex Everyday, I got 15,000 MR or $150 for only $1000 in spend that needed to be done within 3 months.  I met it in the first month and now I can use some of my other cards if I prefer. 

Right, way too much, and way too long.

Message 22 of 23
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

Got a offer from Discover that spend $1500 Per month from Aug - Dec 2014 and get $200 CB.

Is this worth it?

I don't know if I would do it, $7500 spend for $200 credit is high, but if you don't plan on applying for any new cards, I say go for it.

+1  Too much spend and too LONG of a time frame for $200.  The Amex Everyday, I got 15,000 MR or $150 for only $1000 in spend that needed to be done within 3 months.  I met it in the first month and now I can use some of my other cards if I prefer. 

Are you referring to the sign-up bonus for Amex?

Mine is a old card.

I didn't realize it was for an existing TL. Interesting offer.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.