Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 5% Cashback Categories Q2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover 5% Cashback Categories Q2

Hello everyone,  Discover's Q2 categories for 5% cashback bonus include: Gas Stations, Uber, Lyft and Wholesale Clubs. My question is what merchants do you know that are classified as "Wholesale Clubs" besides COSTCO and Sam's Club? A quick Google search tells me Sam's Club does accept Discover, but I don't have a membership there. 

I have a feeling I'm not going to generate a lot of bonus this quarter but I'll make up for it in Q3 (Restaurants and PayPal). Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover 5% Cashback Categories Q2

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,  Discover's Q2 categories for 5% cashback bonus include: Gas Stations, Uber, Lyft and Wholesale Clubs. My question is what merchants do you know that are classified as "Wholesale Clubs" besides COSTCO and Sam's Club? A quick Google search tells me Sam's Club does accept Discover, but I don't have a membership there. 

I have a feeling I'm not going to generate a lot of bonus this quarter but I'll make up for it in Q3 (Restaurants and PayPal). Smiley Wink

I just signed up for Sam's club to have more options for shopping with everything going on. But the gas quarter is my favorite.

As far as other wholesale clubs, I'm not sure other than Costco and Sam's

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mv350 wrote:
I just signed up for Sam's club to have more options for shopping with everything going on. But the gas quarter is my favorite.

As far as other wholesale clubs, I'm not sure other than Costco and Sam's

I barely get enough use out of my Costco membership because I just shop for one person (and two cats, ha!). Can't use most Costco fuel stations because I drive a diesel - only one warehouse in my city carries diesel. 🙄I'm curious if Smart and Final is categorized as "wholesale club"? 

The gas station quarter miiight do me well, if I can find a reasonably priced station that accepts Discover AND carries diesel. The two places I typically go to only accept debit!!!  

Message 3 of 27
delaney1
Established Contributor

BJ’s is another one.

Message 4 of 27
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Does UberEats count?

Message 5 of 27
elixerin
Established Contributor

lol funny the timing of this post, just ordered some food on Eats, i realized prior quarters changed so upon checking found Uber n Lyft in Disco's rotation so i figured why not try and see if 5% is "applicable" on a Eats order and i'd say odds are pretty good tbh. Seeing it classifies as an "UBER TRIP", will update in a couple days when Disco updates the 5% tracker. Also not sure it matters any but order was made in Florida on Apple Pay Smiley Very Happy

uber.jpg

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elixerin wrote:

lol funny the timing of this post, just ordered some food on Eats, i realized prior quarters changed so upon checking found Uber n Lyft in Disco's rotation so i figured why not try and see if 5% is "applicable" on a Eats order and i'd say odds are pretty good tbh. Seeing it classifies as an "UBER TRIP", will update in a couple days when Disco updates the 5% tracker. Also not sure it matters any but order was made in Florida on Apple Pay Smiley Very Happy

uber.jpg

Unfortunately it doesn't work. UberEats codes as dining. https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-it-categories-Uber-Eats/td-p/5456159

Message 7 of 27
elixerin
Established Contributor

AWW darnit... the Apple Card already missing that 2% hehe >.>

edit: 5% was counted on uber eats thru apple pay via disco tracker

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Does UberEats count?

I doubt it, I read the fine print on the Discover website and it says only "rides" count. My guess it that it will fall under "1% on everything else" so even with my double bonus for in my first year I'll only get 2% on it - I'm gonna stick to Apple Card for Uber Eats. 

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delaney1 wrote:

BJ’s is another one.

I had to Google this because I'm only familiar with BJ's restaurants. That wholesale club seems to be in Ohio - a bit too far to make it practical for me in SoCal. Thanks for the insight! Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.