Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover APR Reduction UPDATE

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover APR Reduction

After reading this thread, I logged in and checked my IT account.

They gave me a rate reduction (auto) from 16.99 to 10.99%. Nice...

Guess I will give them some business!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 11 of 23
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover APR Reduction

Absolutely great! Congrats and thanks for sharing that!

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover APR Reduction UPDATE

@Anonymous wrote:

So I've been working on my credit for the last 3 years and have made great progress!  Thank you "My Fico" Smiley Happy  I applied for Discover last year at the end of July and was approved with a $1500 cl and APR of 20.99%.  At the time I applied there was a 12 month 0% promotion as well.  This is also the last cc I've applied for and I have been in the garden since.  So anyway I've never received an auto cli and I waited till August to call and ask for an APR reduction as I have high utilization and figured they wouldn't do a limit increase.  The agent I spoke with said she could NOT reduce my APR w/o pulling my credit report but that she could extend my 0% promotion for another year.  I took it!  Well got my statement today and the APR was changed to 15.99%, I panicked and thought they didn't honor the 0% so I called.  Well the agent said yes I am getting the 0% promotion till next Oct (2013) and that the APR was changed October 1st from 20.99 to 15.99%.  Woo Hoo!  It may still seem high but its certainly better than 20.99%.  I just wanted to give back to my fico by sharing my story!  Good luck my fico comrades and there is hope, it just takes time and patience but the results get better eventually. Smiley Very Happy

UPDATE:

OMGosh!! Smiley Surprised

Went to do some online shopping thru shop Discover for the extra 2% and my account said this!  I immediately logged out and logged back in and it said the same thing! I then restarted my computer to be sure there wasn't a glitch of some kind and nope still had the same info!  Auto cli!  Unbelievable!

Current Balance$605.34 
Last Statement Balance$605.34 
Minimum Payment Due 11/01$ 40.00  
Credit Line Available$ 6,894.00  
Credit Line$ 7,500

This is the info from my statement yesterday:

Opening Date: Sep 5, 2012 - Closing Date: Oct 4, 2012

Credit Line $ 1,500.00

Credit Line Available $ 894.00

Cash Advance Credit Line $ 200.00

Cash Advance Credit Line Available $ 200.00

Do you think Discover realizes they did this for me???  I'm sure not calling to confirm, why ask the devil to dance?  BTW if they did this based on Transunion then that's my best report with no baddies, no inquiries, high utilization on 2 NFCU cards (50%) and a Fico of 725 according to WM.

Message 13 of 23
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

dayuumm, I wouldn't call, do the happy dance!!! very nice

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 14 of 23
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

How much did you put on the card? before the CLI?

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not much probably anywhere from $100-$400 but in September we went to Sea World and I charged the down payment for 5 Disneyland passes for the 5% themepark category which by the way they didnt count for 5%. Disneyland coded it as an annual payment and not amusement parks but I did call and ask about that and the CSR adjusted my cash back for it. So in September I ran about 1085 thru it.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing! APR reduction and $6000 increase?? Smiley Surprised

Message 17 of 23
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

WOW!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

I can't wait to let my new Discover card grow...
And the fact that you got a 0% extension,cli, and overall apr reduction... AMAZING!!!
I'll def remem to garden with Discover :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 23
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I've been working on my credit for the last 3 years and have made great progress!  Thank you "My Fico" Smiley Happy  I applied for Discover last year at the end of July and was approved with a $1500 cl and APR of 20.99%.  At the time I applied there was a 12 month 0% promotion as well.  This is also the last cc I've applied for and I have been in the garden since.  So anyway I've never received an auto cli and I waited till August to call and ask for an APR reduction as I have high utilization and figured they wouldn't do a limit increase.  The agent I spoke with said she could NOT reduce my APR w/o pulling my credit report but that she could extend my 0% promotion for another year.  I took it!  Well got my statement today and the APR was changed to 15.99%, I panicked and thought they didn't honor the 0% so I called.  Well the agent said yes I am getting the 0% promotion till next Oct (2013) and that the APR was changed October 1st from 20.99 to 15.99%.  Woo Hoo!  It may still seem high but its certainly better than 20.99%.  I just wanted to give back to my fico by sharing my story!  Good luck my fico comrades and there is hope, it just takes time and patience but the results get better eventually. Smiley Very Happy

UPDATE:

OMGosh!! Smiley Surprised

Went to do some online shopping thru shop Discover for the extra 2% and my account said this!  I immediately logged out and logged back in and it said the same thing! I then restarted my computer to be sure there wasn't a glitch of some kind and nope still had the same info!  Auto cli!  Unbelievable!

Current Balance$605.34 
Last Statement Balance$605.34 
Minimum Payment Due 11/01$ 40.00  
Credit Line Available$ 6,894.00  
Credit Line$ 7,500

This is the info from my statement yesterday:

Opening Date: Sep 5, 2012 - Closing Date: Oct 4, 2012

Credit Line $ 1,500.00

Credit Line Available $ 894.00

Cash Advance Credit Line $ 200.00

Cash Advance Credit Line Available $ 200.00

Do you think Discover realizes they did this for me???  I'm sure not calling to confirm, why ask the devil to dance?  BTW if they did this based on Transunion then that's my best report with no baddies, no inquiries, high utilization on 2 NFCU cards (50%) and a Fico of 725 according to WM.

Woo, hoo!!!!! Congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 19 of 23
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Awesome, this is one nice CLI Smiley Very Happy

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.