Discover Balance Transfer Help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Balance Transfer Help?

Hello guys,

Quick question.

I've had a discover it credit card for about 3 years / current CLI $19,900

I need to transfer a large amount of balance over from my Amex Everyday, only issue is that I currently don't have any offers for Discover when it comes to balance transfers. I've spoken to reps and they tell me that the system updates daily so I should check it on a daily basis, which i've been doing but nothing Smiley Sad

Does anyone know how true is this? or how random the BT offers are?

I currently paid the Discover card completely and owe nothing on it (0% Utilization) I dont know if that helps or makes it worse for balance transfer offers.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Balance Transfer Help?

I've not used the BT option but, use of the card monthly and PIF on autopay seems to result in constant BT offers being there.  Just wait and you should see a 4.99% for 15 months or a 0% 12 month option.  Otherwise chat or call and ask if you have any offers on your account.  When I asked for an APR offer they didn't have a perm one but did give me another 12 months 0% purchase/BT.  If you pester them enough something will show up Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had hulu set up on my discover while it was secured. After they unsecured I had a daily BT offer for 0% for 12 months. I took advantage of it to get a small ($300) Balance off a high interest card and moved hulu to another PIF card. Now I have monthly offers for 0% with a fee or 4.99% without one. So usage obviously makes some difference in availability. If you havent been using it, it might help to let a small balance post to the statement and then PIF. But that doesn't really help if you needed to do the transfer asap.

Message 3 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello guys,

Quick question.

I need to transfer a large amount of balance over from my Amex Everyday, only issue is that I currently don't have any offers for Discover when it comes to balance transfers. I've spoken to reps and they tell me that the system updates daily so I should check it on a daily basis, which i've been doing but nothing Smiley Sad

I currently paid the Discover card completely and owe nothing on it (0% Utilization) I dont know if that helps or makes it worse for balance transfer offers.

It seems odd to me. Whenever I click on balance transfer on the Discover site, I get 2 alternative options, an interest free option with a fee, or a fee-free option with 4.99%.

Total revolving limits 650200 (530700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 708 TU 714 EX 715

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello guys,

Quick question.

It seems odd to me. Whenever I click on balance transfer on the Discover site, I get 2 alternative options, an interest free option with a fee, or a fee-free option with 4.99%.

Yeah I know. It was doing the same for me but only showing one offer: 0% for 12 months (3% fee applies) it was showing that daily everytime I would logon.

I usually charge a coupld hundred and PIF. Now when I most need it Discover takes away the offer... my luck

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

I've not used the BT option but, use of the card monthly and PIF on autopay seems to result in constant BT offers being there.  Just wait and you should see a 4.99% for 15 months or a 0% 12 month option.  Otherwise chat or call and ask if you have any offers on your account.  When I asked for an APR offer they didn't have a perm one but did give me another 12 months 0% purchase/BT.  If you pester them enough something will show up Smiley Happy

Thank you.

I'm actually going to try that, asking for an APR reduction/offer and hopfully I don't have one on the system, but they in turn counter with an offer for a BT offer, which is what I am really looking for.

If it works.. You're the man Austin!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

SouthJamaica I see the same BT offers. DId not know they did other offer options except upon account opening. Always helpful to know what is going on.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Austin.

Update: Was checkign everyday for BT offers.

Had the balance at 0 for about a week and a half and the offer for (0% 12 months / 3% BT fee) was on my account yesterday the 19th.

Thank you, have a good one.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Fluffy.

Had the balance at 0 for about a week and a half and the offer for (0% 12 months / 3% BT fee) was on my account yesterday the 19th.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jamaica.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.